Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Beginner Pioneer DJ controller for 8 year old son.

Hmmm... I didn't know the 200 even existed.. interesting. It is nice because they give you the performance pads which he might enjoy messing around with. But yea, the split cable gives you mono audio, but that's not the real problem. The real problem is LOSING the darn thing.

The DDJ-400 is an "adult" featured controller.. three band eq AND a filter AND trim knobs.. AND performance pads.. AND headphone mix knob. I'd be happy to mix on one myself. But is that going to be too much for him to take in all at once?

The Wego.. is limited.. no pads, limited eq, auto gain only (no trim knobs).. and I think maybe in this case, less might be more. For the music he likes he does not really need so much and it does have effects buttons and stuff, so there's lots to play with. More importantly, it has the nice slot that holds the ipad whereas the others do not. As said already looks like the 3 comes with djay...

I dunno.. if it was my kid I'd probably get the WeGo and trade him up later when he has mastered it and is ready to move on. But if you go that way, and you can't get a 3, just make sure djay will work correctly with the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    Hmmm... I didn't know the 200 even existed.. interesting. It is nice because they give you the performance pads which he might enjoy messing around with. But yea, the split cable gives you mono audio, but that's not the real problem. The real problem is LOSING the darn thing.

The DDJ-400 is an "adult" featured controller.. three band eq AND a filter AND trim knobs.. AND performance pads.. AND headphone mix knob. I'd be happy to mix on one myself. But is that going to be too much for him to take in all at once?

The Wego.. is limited.. no pads, limited eq, auto gain only (no trim knobs).. and I think maybe in this case, less might be more. For the music he likes he does not really need so much and it does have effects buttons and stuff, so there's lots to play with. More importantly, it has the nice slot that holds the ipad whereas the others do not. As said already looks like the 3 comes with djay...

I dunno.. if it was my kid I'd probably get the WeGo and trade him up later when he has mastered it and is ready to move on. But if you go that way, and you can't get a 3, just make sure djay will work correctly with the 4.
    You make a very good point here about the Wego...I hadn't even considered it but I am going to now. thanks a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedbaby View Post
    You make a very good point here about the Wego...I hadn't even considered it but I am going to now. thanks a ton.
    My DDJ-WeGO3 is just used as a backup in the event my Denon MC6000MK2 was to fail, which never happens. But I wanted something that had enough features to get me through an event, but not another full-sized controller. The WeGO3 fit the bill, and itís really not a toy, like some of the other small controllers.

I intentionally bought the WeGO3 instead of the WeGO4 because of one primary difference... the DDJ-WeGO3ís EQ section has three EQ bands (low, mid, and hi). The DDJ-WeGO4 has a two-band EQ (low and hi) plus a filter knob. I prefer the more EQ knobs. The other difference is the DDJ-WeGO4 ships with a Rekordbox DJ licence apart from Virtual DJ LE. If youíre gonna use DJay Pro, it probably does not matter which of those applications are included, but my WeGO3 also came with a DJay Pro license, which I had originally intended to use. I ended up using Traktor instead for a variety of reasons, but DJay Pro did work fine with the WeGO3 right out of the box. I was running it on a Surface Pro tablet.
    Your son will have a blast with the combination.😊