Thread: DMX Lighting Blinking Even When Powered Off

DMX Lighting Blinking Even When Powered Off

I have a Chauvet Obey 40 going to one or two Elation DO-415 switch packs. All of my LED lighting is simply plugged into the switch pack's power and running sound active. My pin spots and mirror ball are just on/off.

Even when my console and switch packs are powered off, a couple of lights blink. It happens whether I'm using one or both switch packs.

Any suggestions of how to correct this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HBL Entertainment View Post
    All of my LED lighting is simply plugged into the switch pack's power and running sound active.
    There-in lies your problem, the DO-415 is not a real switch pack it uses electronics and some voltage leaks though, and modern lighting fixtures don't like being plugged into something like that and will behave irratically. Do your lights have DMX conections? If so that is how you should be controlling them, if not and you have no interest in replacing them you need a real relay pack that completely cuts power to the outlets when switched off.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

My lights do have DMX, but they are pretty old basic, RGB fixtures. I also haven't programmed any scenes yet so I've just been running them on sound active.

Thanks for the advice.

You can usually access the sound active programming for each fixture under DMX control too, that would be a much better way to do this and would be a nice first step to programming.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

That sounds like great idea. I will look into that.

Thanks!