Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha DZR 12s

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    Show me an instance where I've said anything about my speakers here other than when answering a direct question from someone. It's never happened.

Yes, Yamaha says it's a peak 139dB. That's useless information. When's the last time you played bursts of pink noise? What's useful is long term continuous SPL, which they don't mention anywhere. To their credit they do state the actual long term RMS capability of the amps, but nowhere do they mention the thermal or mechanical capacity of the drivers.

If you don't care to see my opinions about gear, which are based purely on engineering fact devoid of any advertising hype, I suggest you put me on your ignore list.

We all know continuous SPL output is what's important but you badmouthing Yamaha for not listing continuous SPL output or thermal ratings of drivers is stupid because no manufacturer lists that information. So taking that into account as well as the fact even if they did list continuous SPL output it'd still be pointless unless power compression was taken into consideration. Add that to the fact that manufacturers don't even list and nor would they even tell you how much power compression their drivers suffer from and it means it's a waste of time you badmouthing Yamaha for not listing information that speaker manufacturer lists, lol. Plus you don't have to play bursts of pink noise through a speaker to get the listed and/or measured peak SPL that a speaker manufacturer advertises, you can quite easily see that SPL figure on a Class 1 calibrated SPL meter if you play music with a very high dymanic range.

My whole point is you come across as hating Yamah for venturing into Behringer territory for advertising peak SPL figures but you obviously know every manufacturer does nowadays so why single out Yamah for doing something all manufacturers do? If you're so passionate about them not listing information that's useful why don't go on a crusade to make it law that they must advertise the info?
    Last edited by Fred-Dibna; 01-20-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-Dibna View Post

My whole point is you come across as hating Yamah for venturing into Behringer territory for advertising peak SPL figures
    I don't think the word hate is appropriate. He said useless information, which is an accurate way to describe it.

but you obviously know every manufacturer does nowadays so why single out Yamah for doing something all manufacturers do?
    Your statement is false.

If you're so passionate about them not listing information that's useful why don't go on a crusade to make it law that they must advertise the info?
    Not his job or concern to do this, is it? I would appreciate if you kept the thread on topic rather than trying to stir things that have no place here. I reckon Bill has built more speakers than you over the years, and that the only input you had in here was "loud as f***" because you spent 4 seconds reading a peak SPL figure. Then you clearly mentioned they're venturing into behringer territory. Pick one.
    Last edited by Manu; 01-25-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Thx folks for your comments to my original post.
    Appreciate the feedback
    I have just bought a pair of the DZR 12s so will let you know how they go.

Cheers Luddo

OK folks have purchased a pair of Yamaha DZR 12s and these things are loud and crystal clear with tons of low end.