Thread: Looking for Suggestions - DJ Software/Controller good for Live Looping (instruments)

Looking for Suggestions - DJ Software/Controller good for Live Looping (instruments)

Hey Gang,

Glad to see such a great resource for beginner DJ's. I'm a musician who is wanting to transition into live looping using both acoustic (mic'd) and electronic instruments/synths while also (re)mixing and having fun with songs in a DJ capacity. I'm going to start DJ'ing Ecstatic dance sets and similar live performances that I would like to add live instrumentation and electronic synth creations to. I'd like to get into a DJ Controller and Software that would be good to integrate all this stuff together. Basically, enough DJ "bells and whistles" to have fun in that realm--but no need for complex or super "pro" features"--while also integrating well with live instrumentation and synth controllers. I'm using a Macbook pro.

I hope that all makes sense. This is all very new to me so I may not have the clearest road map on where it's all going but any input you have based on what I have said would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

-Wayshower

Smells like Ableton.

https://www.ableton.com/en/trial/

Boss rc505
    Electric harmonic 45000 or 95000