Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: DJZ/Kornmanz is back, cccchhhello

  1. #1
    Vendor Illegal NoiZe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    9

    Cool DJZ/Kornmanz is back, cccchhhello

    Well I wanted to just say hi to any of you old heads who may remember me.

    Our hijinks broke these forums back in the day. (what ~10 years ago?) Good times.

    I don't intend to do that again though just wanted to see how ya'll were doing. I posted in general and my thread was deleted so maybe this is the appropriate forum??

    Apparently I can't post links to my new stuff because its "for profit" and I'm not a vendor haha.

    So whats up? Did any of you wonder where I went? I know some of you were mentioning me in the transition to the 2.0 forums. Not very positively either

    Yeah well, while I was gone I went through cancer so thanks for all the bad juju!
    Last edited by Illegal NoiZe; 11-04-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Hi I used to be called DJZ w/ 1 million+ streams on SC.
    I was shut down for bootleg remixes by Sony/Universal in 2014.
    www.illegalnoize.com

  2. #2
    I eat Spam Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On your screen
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Illegal NoiZe View Post
    Well I wanted to just say hi to any of you old heads who may remember me.

    Our hijinks broke these forums back in the day. (what ~10 years ago?) Good times.

    I don't intend to do that again though just wanted to see how ya'll were doing. I posted in general and my thread was deleted so maybe this is the appropriate forum??

    Apparently I can't post links to my new stuff because its "for profit" and I'm not a vendor haha.

    So whats up? Did any of you wonder where I went? I know some of you were mentioning me in the transition to the 2.0 forums. Not very positively either

    Yeah well, while I was gone I went through cancer so thanks for all the bad juju!
    Hi, your new account is being reviewed.

    I'm afraid you are not allowed to post a first post in the general forum with a link to a website where the songs are for sale. We're not craigslist, we're not a advertisement platform for spotify or itunes etc.

    Since you're selling, it's considered spam. Same goes for everyone else.
    I posted in general and my thread was deleted so maybe this is the appropriate forum??
    Since you did not understand the message you received in the first place, here goes again:

    Promotion in the music genre areas of DJF requires a vendor account. If you post again without the appropriate subscription, your account will be infracted. We don't want that to happen, so please consider purchasing a vendor account subscription. To subscribe, please visit the subscriptions page.

    Your signature clearly says:

    Signature:

    Can't post my website link here because of "for profit rules" lol.
    So that is going to be reset once again, as per the FAQ to which you were provided with a link earlier today.


    #6 - No insulting, disrespecting, “arguing or calling out” moderators or administrators. Being disrespectful will not be tolerated.
    So you have not been here for 10 years, you may find out that we do keep a tighter grip on anything spam. You're welcome.

    Last but not least:

    Multiple accounts are not permitted either, so we will take a decision on what happens next. We will let you know as soon as an admin has reached a decision.
    Last edited by Manu; 11-04-2019 at 01:42 PM.

  3. #3
    Vendor Illegal NoiZe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Hi, your new account is being reviewed.

    I'm afraid you are not allowed to post a first post in the general forum with a link to a website where the songs are for sale. We're not craigslist, we're not a advertisement platform for spotify or itunes etc.

    Since you're selling, it's considered spam. Same goes for everyone else.

    Since you did not understand the message you received in the first place, here goes again:

    Promotion in the music genre areas of DJF requires a vendor account. If you post again without the appropriate subscription, your account will be infracted. We don't want that to happen, so please consider purchasing a vendor account subscription. To subscribe, please visit the subscriptions page.
    Ok so I'll get a vendor account subscription so I can post links. That's not a problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post

    Your signature clearly says:

    So that is going to be reset once again, as per the FAQ to which you were provided with a link earlier today.
    So when I am a vendor account I can post about my music in the signature?


    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    So you may have not been here for 10 years, you may find out that we do keep a tighter grip on anything spam. You're welcome.

    Last but not least:

    Multiple accounts are not permitted either, so we will take a decision on what happens next. We will let you know as soon as an admin has reached a decision.
    I have been here for 10 years. My original account Kornmanz was banned for literally breaking the forums with the flamewars I started (not trying to repeat that). My secondary account DJZ seemingly couldn't post anywhere (and I made it for the transition to 2.0 forums). I had assumed that account was muted so I made this instead but I might be wrong on that. I don't need the DJZ account open just this one.

    Really feel the love here Manu glad to know I'm being welcomed back with open arms.

    Real talk though it seems a vendor account sub can solve 85% of what's wrong here. The other 15% needs to be me not overstepping boundaries and listening to rules.
    Last edited by Illegal NoiZe; 11-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.

  4. #4
    I eat Spam Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On your screen
    Posts
    7,250
    It's nice to see you back, but forums rules applies

    A vendor account enables you to advertise any of your releases indeed. The new rules were implemented with the intended effect to get rid of all spam. You know, so your own post does not get buried the next day under a dozen of one post noobs with their new mix from their new controller from their new soundcloud account, who contribute nothing to the forums.

    What you may perceive as "wrong" has been very effective so far, I like to think that we pretty much eradicated spam on this website.

  5. #5
    Vendor Illegal NoiZe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    9
    I didn't say it was wrong. It's just something new to me. It seems pretty legit actually. I just want to make sure that I stay within the lines, etc.

    I should read the FAQ/Rules section.

    I was here in the days where everyone was spamming their links lol. The only reason my threads survived (or stayed at the top) was because me and everyone in them were arguing with each other lol.

    Let me know what's going on with the multiple accounts thing. I don't need the DJZ account anymore just this one. Once that's all sorted I'll go get a vendor account sub.

    I don't mind I just want to let people hear what I've been up to all these years.
    Last edited by Illegal NoiZe; 11-04-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Hi I used to be called DJZ w/ 1 million+ streams on SC.
    I was shut down for bootleg remixes by Sony/Universal in 2014.
    www.illegalnoize.com

  6. #6
    I eat Spam Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On your screen
    Posts
    7,250
    The rules are overall the same, with a few essential tweaks.

    I'll suspend the DJZ account as per rules, and you can start fresh indeed. I do not recommend trying the flame war approach to advertise, we usually close these too

  7. #7
    Vendor Illegal NoiZe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I do not recommend trying the flame war approach to advertise, we usually close these too
    That used to work very very well.

    Hi I used to be called DJZ w/ 1 million+ streams on SC.
    I was shut down for bootleg remixes by Sony/Universal in 2014.
    www.illegalnoize.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a