Thread: Connecting Wireless Speakers

Connecting Wireless Speakers

I'm playing a fund-raising benefit at the end of November for a friend with cancer. The venue is an old church. I'll be set up on the main floor. Downstairs is a bar and seating area. The organizer would like me to have a speaker set up downstairs so people can hear the music and announcements. Wiring is not an option.

I have a 12-channel mixer. My Atco speakers connect to the one of the 1/4 outputs. My laptop connects to one set of 1/4 inputs. I have an additional 1/4 output and three addition 1/4 inputs. I also have two RCA inputs/outputs.

For the downstairs, I want to use one or both of my Sony SRS-XB20 Bluetooth speakers. They are small, but produce a sufficient volume of quality sound for the seating area.

The question is: how do I connect these wirelessly to my mixer so that the microphones and the music also transmit to the downstairs?

I'm okay with buying a different small wireless speaker if necessary.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

A bluetooth transmitter with cables to convert the output from your mixer will cost you about 20 dollars.

Of course, for live performance, this setup would not be recommended.
    But necessity is the mother of invention.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Welcome to the forums. I use the Alto Stealth System https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alto-Stealt...UAAOSwXF5dbVqI for such applications.

Here is how I have mines set up.

IMG_20190609_142400.jpg

I piggy back off of the IEC cable using one of these adapters

IMG_20190609_182610.jpg
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-20-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Okay, so I need to connect my Sony speakers, not my Alto speakers.

You had mentioned that you were fine with buying another set of small speakers. For your application, you could use a pair of small powered monitors & connect via the Alto Stealth system. Better yet a single QSC CP8 would be a better option for cheap that would better serve for your intended application.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta