Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some MP3s Wont Play in Car MP3 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Your whatever memory device (SD card / USB etc) degrades over time. I have retired a few and have noticed an average 10 year lifespan on flash drives.
    I have tried these on two thumb drives. I aint sayin' both the drives aint degraded, but......

(Sorry, I attempted to reply with quotes & edited instead. I deleted your avi before I realized I was editing & not replying... opps...)
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Sample rate

Quote Originally Posted by c-hawk View Post
    Another thing to check for is to see if those ten are 44khz and not 48khz or some other number. May not matter in newer players but just another thing to check for.
    YES! This is a great suggestion! I have had similar issues with my player not being able to read a track's SAMPLE RATE.
    Many players (most, if not all DJ media) like the 44.1KHz sample rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    Can you tell me how to check the khz on these?
    Right click your audio file - select PROPERTIES - and then AUDIO PROPERTIES.
    Should look something like this:

If it is reading at a sample rate of 32 or 48 KHz then it may not be able to read it and you may want to get an audio converter to modify that. (I use dBpoweramp).
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens

OK great.... Thanks BDC

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    Can you tell me how to check the khz on these?
    You can check it in an mp3 tagging program (like mp3tag). Should be a Frequency column that displays it. If you need to change the frequency, you can use a program like Audacity (export audio) with the 44000 frequency.

Variable Bit Rate encoding (VBR) is definitely something to check. Lots of older players could only handle Constant Bit Rate (CBR) encoded tracks.

I wouldn't think tagging would stop the playback. The times I ran into problems, the track would play, but no info.would be displayed.

I wonder if 32 bit floating bit-depth like the one in the graphic would be supported. It's usually 16bits. I didn't know above 24 bits were supported by MP3s.

Something else to check is the length of the filename. I remember being limited to something like 32 characters. Test with a copy of the track that's just 1 letter (i.e. a.mp3).

There were times I just opened up the track in Audacity and resaved it as an MP3. That also fixed a number of words things too.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Happens to me too sometimes. I change the file format when that happens. There are free apps for that.

Ever figure it out Dix?

No, actually I haven't come to a definite answer, but all the info posted here were very good suggestions.

For example, I looked for the bit rate (i.e. 44.000 mhz) & that info didn't show up in any of the properties on any of the files I checked. Things like that is what caused me to just leave it alone. Some files didn't work in my player, so I just accepted it & moved on.

I do know that sometimes, the player just don't read all the files. In other words, it may read 300 of the 400 files this time, next time it may read 250 files but it may include some of the files it didn't read last time. Now, let me be clear that the numbers I just used are just numbers I pulled out of the air.
    Its possible that the player will only load "X" number of files. Therefore the other files don't get picked up. I highly doubt this is accurate though. I am quite sure it will read hundreds of thousands of files, so the few hundred I have on this thumb drive isn't even remotely close to the players limit to read. I think it just misses some, some of the times.
    As noted above, I took a few of the files that the player never played & put those on another thumb drive with 4 or 5 other files & it loaded the other 4 or 5 but didn't play the ones I originally had an issue with.

In the end, chances are, no matter what I do, the files & the player aren't on the same page, so it ain't gonna play them anyway so once I tried the suggestions mentioned in this thread & for whatever reason didn't work, I just moved on. Its not that important. Its just for my pleasure, its not for a gig etc.

All of the suggestions here were very reasonable & were excellent responses. I am sure they are fixes in some cases. Unfortunately, nothing worked in my specific case. I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond & try to help.

Thanks for asking LOM......

Just be happy your next vehicle will probably have Android Auto.
    There's no going back from having all your google play music library and the endless synthy, trendy spotify selections at your fingertips.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by BDC View Post
    YES! This is a great suggestion! I have had similar issues with my player not being able to read a track's SAMPLE RATE.
    Many players (most, if not all DJ media) like the 44.1KHz sample rate.

Right click your audio file - select PROPERTIES - and then AUDIO PROPERTIES.
    Should look something like this:

If it is reading at a sample rate of 32 or 48 KHz then it may not be able to read it and you may want to get an audio converter to modify that. (I use auto clicker dBpoweramp).
    Should be a Frequency column that displays it. If you need to change the frequency, you can use a program like Audacity (export audio) with the 44000 frequency.
    Last edited by Nouriavan; 03-24-2020 at 05:11 AM.