Thread: Yamaha DXS 15 xlf ??

Yamaha DXS 15 xlf ??

Has anyone here listened to the newer Yamaha DXS-15 XLF subs yet (Al Poulin please say yes lol)? It seems like a beast of a sub for its size. Or does anyone have any recommendations?

I’m currently in the market for a single sub to pair with my Yamaha DSR112s for smaller events. I’ve had my eye open for a used Qsc KW181 for a while now but haven’t been able to come across one locally.

I currently use the DSRs with one or two JBl SRX 828s, but obviously transporting a dual 18 is not always necessary/ideal.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phunior View Post
    Has anyone here listened to the newer Yamaha DXS-15 XLF subs yet (Al Poulin please say yes lol)? It seems like a beast of a sub for its size. Or does anyone have any recommendations?

I’m currently in the market for a single sub to pair with my Yamaha DSR112s for smaller events. I’ve had my eye open for a used Qsc KW181 for a while now but haven’t been able to come across one locally.

I currently use the DSRs with one or two JBl SRX 828s, but obviously transporting a dual 18 is not always necessary/ideal.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Hi there, unfortunately, the 12s are about as big and heavy as I feel carrying around these days. I currently use the DXS12 MKIIs and they are just fantastic. The biggest events I do are 200 person weddings pretty much, so a pair of DXR8s over my pair of DXS12 MKIIs makes for a nice looking and great sounding system. The DXS15s only provide an extra decibel and don't go much lower than the 12s, so I don't think the difference in size and weight are worth it. In X-TENDED LF mode, the DXS12 MKIIs do very well IMO and are musical enough for bandpass boxes. I'm happy with the 66lb wight as well and they are easy to move too.

AL
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

A pair of DXS12 MKIIs under your DSR112s would make a nice little system IMO. The DSR112s absolutely need low end reinforcement as they are very limited in terms of low frequency - not putting out much below 70hz.

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player