Thread: Thinking about getting battery operated up lights?

Thinking about getting battery operated up lights?

Check out my review. If you liked it click like and subscribe. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/W5MdbnSh9kg
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

That's a pretty decent review. You make a good point, in the different features of each fixture. I use Chauver Hex-4's, Tri-6's and have 8x smaller H1's for wedding cake, gift table and head table.

The best setup will have a variety of fixture types for specific areas of lighting. The Hex-4's have white, amber & UV in addition to RGB. Whereas the Tri-6's are straight RGB, but have roughly twice the output of the Hex-4's in the primary colors. So pure blue or a secondary color mix they can crank out the light for heavy color saturation like Halloween partys and such.

Another element worthy of mention about the selected fixtures in the review. The Chauvet Tri-6's are specifically designed as uplights. They are optimized in that application. They don't need any kind of base and the bottom has an adjustable leg to set the angle of the fixture against the boundary of the area. That also is a nice feature for uplighting trees in outdoor events. They are heavier and have threaded provisions to attach a clamp, I don't use them on a tree or truss because of the weight. Everything I use on truss is 115V AC powered to keep weight to a minimum.

Battery fixtures that I do use on trees are the Chauvet Freedom Par H1's as they are smaller and much lighter than the Tri-6 and are used for things that don't need the output of the Tri-6. I keep a single SKB case that holds 8 of them in a single package.

8+ years blizzard RGBA pucks used every weekend still on original battery’s never missed a beat. If it’s ever time
    To replace I will probably go APE at
    The mo they are absolutely bang for the buck. Anyway the trick to any is when you finish the gig leave them
    On until
    They go flat usually sometime the following day the. Allow an hour or so for the battery to cool down then back on charger ready to go. And that’s it.
    OPOAT

I really like the Apelight Maxis. Weather resistant, 14 hour minimum small, light and bright enough, 3 year warranty. Plus the controller does not have to be line of sight, has a range of 300 feet. Here is a review and real world test I did: [link removed, see rules]
    These are the first generation I believe. I don't have the new 2.0 version.
    Last edited by Manu; 10-20-2022 at 11:29 AM.