Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those that use PC's

I love my Dell with the touch screen. I'm getting another one as soon as the budget will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    I love my Dell with the touch screen. I'm getting another one as soon as the budget will allow.
    I use a Dell All-In-One PC with my Small System and really like it too, but I have to ask; of what use is a touch screen? Mine is a touch screen too, but I NEVER touch it. My DJ software (Traktor) is not touch screen enabled, and I doubt I’d ever need it to be anyway since I mostly use a controller as my interface. I could use the touch interface with Windows 10, but after starting up Traktor, there’s not much that I do in the OS. Besides that, the computer is on the other side of my controller, at arm’s length from where I stand, so touching the screen is not comfortable or natural. I guess I just find touch screens useless for mobile DJ work.😊

I use Lenovo but have used Dell in the past. They're both fine so long as the drivers are stable.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

If you're going to do anything with a PC (desktop) I would highly recommend building one yourself. It's a fun hobby and you end up with something that is much easier to customize and upgrade as needed.

Been using 2 University Surplus Dell latitude E6450 Laptop PCs (back lit keyboard) with the i5, 8 gig of Ram plus a 512GB SSD for the main and DJ Music.
    I also replaced the DVD drive with a HDD adaptor and a regular 5400rpm 1TB Drive for all my Karaoke tunes.
    There's a 3rd one set up the same way as these but it only has a 14.1 screen
    All have a Magnesium Chassis and are very rugged although a little heavy.

All Music is identical in all and with virtual DJ I just copy over the Database etc. to all 3.

Thanks for the reply's.

I always thought Dell weren't that great but I guess that was back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carloscda View Post
    I always thought Dell weren't that great but I guess that was back in the day.
    Dell and HP have always been OK they just make it very difficult to DIY upgrade like Apple.
    But most people never upgrade the parts inside their laptops.

I used an HP Envy for a long time. Now I use a Dell because my HP Envy had an issue with one of the keys so I sent it off to be repaired. The key thing is to get as much processing power and memory as you can afford.
    Check out the Virtual Party Pack - Icebreaker and game ideas for your virtual events

WAPPLES windows based PCs & Apple that’s my business and I love them both. For me personally djing I use my trusty 13” 2013 MacBook Pro with a Samsung PRO SSD (yes when they came with a 10 yr warranty now that’s a statement in itself)

If I was to use or reccomend a PC hands down for the cash it’s a THINKPAD (formerly IBM now LENOVO). I don’t care for Lenovo as a brand and their systems but with the thinkpad (laptop) think centre (desktop) which have a 30+ year pedigree seriously it’s reliability for mission critical applications and you will see so many important operations using them and for good reason.

When money is no object or used on eBay grab a PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK. they are just about indestructible just YouTube the abuse they give these machines. They are BRILLIANT I say it because we have a few. Anytime I need to run a light show on a machine I run it from a rough boom and throw it in a corner. Well that’s all I can say. Yes Toshiba we’re the first and consistently had a good product but they are off to other pastures. Stay safe.

NOTE FOR DJING I would go a Thinkpad T series. The others are fine but knowing the physical demand and environment of DjIng it’s money very well spent
    NOW

OPOAT
    Last edited by wapples; 08-25-2022 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Additional.