Thread: I am a teacher who wants to add sounds to my classroom...HELP

I am a teacher who wants to add sounds to my classroom...HELP

So I have this idea to do sound clips or clapping or noises to my classroom using a device....I think a sound board would work. For example I would like to take a clip of Eminem song "Can I have your attention please" clip and be able to hit a button and it plays off my computer or stand alone... Anyone able to help me out and tell me if this is possible using any devices you have and how I can make it work. Dont want to spend a fortune but would like have about 20 buttons labeled. Any help advice greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Mr.B; 09-23-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Try a tablet with an app you can assign your own audio clips to and link to a Bluetooth speaker.

App: Custom Soundboard Pro (Android)
    Cheap/decent speaker: Anker Soundcore 2

if not you can go the midi drum pad and free DAW route but the app would be a better option.

Inexpensive midi controller: Akai-Professional-LPD8
    Free Digital Audio Workstation: https://www.roland.com/us/products/zenbeats/ , https://www.ableton.com/en/products/live-lite/

nice find bot $100 just to play some samples to get kids attention?

If he already had a laptop in the class or a tablet, that's all you need really. The keyboard could act as the midi pad controller if you wanted to skip that expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    nice find bot $100 just to play some samples to get kids attention?

If he already had a laptop in the class or a tablet, that's all you need really. The keyboard could act as the midi pad controller if you wanted to skip that expense.
    True.

Thanks for the advice. Laptop in the classroom works. Problem is that it is often out of reach or might be running a document or something I am utilizing. In other words, if I had something stand alone that i could just hit a preprogrammed button (say when I need to get students attention instead of yelling out) then it would save me adjusting screens on a laptop. Again I apologize I am not that tech savvy and am trying to think outside the box.

Also, am I looking for a soundboard or a MIDI? What is the technical term? I like the MPX16 (a little pricey). An iPad would work as well but we are talking money. I am not opposed to buying something but am working with a teacher budget (which isn't much).

just download a "custom soundboard" program for your phone or tablet.
    connect phone to loudspeakers.

this will most likely be free or a dollar.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix