Thread: Hello everyone on dj forums :)

Hello everyone on dj forums :)

I’m Lee,

Now 42 and was a DJ amateur ‘back in the day’ running from 1992 to around 2002, mixing on Technics 1210’s and getting spots in my area. Then I gave up as it was getting far too expensive to purchase records (esp imports) and I just couldn’t keep up to date. Since then many people I have spoke to have always commented if I 'would ever get back into it'?

These days on Beatport you can purchase songs for around £1.30 (I’m from the UK) which is just truly amazing, and you don’t need to travel for Vinyl which is another plus, so I have decided to get right back into it, although my partner still calls it my mid-life crisis! Haha

3 weeks ago I decided to purchase a Pioneer XDJ-RX2 Controller and have a go, the bug has most certainly bit me once again and I seriously want to take up DJing in clubs once more. I have a family now and work Offshore in Holland, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, so I have PLENTY of time to get many head into the decks and practise and brush those cobwebs off, so to speak.

I look forward to keeping up to date and visiting this Forum

Thanks

42 ... the meaning of life. Mixing music.

Welcome to the forums.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Thanks Pete