Thread: Help with yahama stagepas

Help with yahama stagepas

Hello everybody....

I have a stagepas 600 that i accidentally hooked up my electrovoice zlx15p to the speaker out of the mixer of the stagepas.something "popped" when i turned on the mixer and from then on, there is no sound coming out when i hook up the stagepas speaker. Everything else is working (mics and monitor speaker out). Only the stagepas speaker out is not working..

Please let me know if this is can be repaired and how.

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by dj teng; 09-16-2019 at 07:20 AM.

It might be repairable. Take it to a tech, because you won't be able to do it yourself.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

You blew something but it's strange that it was the Stagepas and not the powered speaker, have you tried the ZLX to see if it still works? You may have damaged both items.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    It might be repairable. Take it to a tech, because you won't be able to do it yourself.
    Thanks Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    You blew something but it's strange that it was the Stagepas and not the powered speaker, have you tried the ZLX to see if it still works? You may have damaged both items.
    Nothing is wrong with the zlx. I even used them on my wife's 50th bday party after it happened.

I can still use the stagepas but using my powered speakers thru the monitor out of the stagepas mixer..which leads to my next question : is it really ok to use, for a period of time, the mixer with the powered speakers hook up thru the monitor out?...

Quote Originally Posted by dj teng View Post
    is it really ok to use, for a period of time, the mixer with the powered speakers hook up thru the monitor out?...
    Yes that is perfectly fine, any line level(non amplified) mixer output is OK to use.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    Yes that is perfectly fine, any line level(non amplified) mixer output is OK to use.

Thank you sir