Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need assistance wiith optimal configuration of an older all Yorkville Audio System

^ very true

Quote Originally Posted by blk View Post
    With me having to run 4 cables to get this system operating correctly I am guessing my hardware choices were not the best.
    There is nothing wrong with your hardware choices, that would be a nice little system to get you into the game. 4 cables compared to 2 is nothing to worry about. When I do bands with full DMX lighting I have over 60 signal cables to run. Once you have your 4 cables - tape them together every 6" with electrical tape - then you only have 1 cable!

I just wanted to say I picked up xlr cables with TRS adapters. My thinking was it would be easier to find a xlr cable last minute vs other types if I had a damaged cable.

You guys were spot on. Worked out great and sounds great too. I am going to label the ends of the cable and wrap them as a 4 cable bundle for neatness and organization.

Nice thing is if I dont need the sub I can just use the passive yx150s which seem like a good speaker that could run all alone.

The reason I am using the headphones out is that my controller uses virtual dj7. I then enable the streaming feature within that software. I also use sam broacaster that I play music on as well. I pickup the vdj stream (127.0.0.1:8000) with sam broadcaster and add it to my queue then I fade in my vdj and be live and stream to internet using sam broadcaster. If I get myself into a mess I just fade myself away using sam broadcaster and the next song comes on. I know its not the best but it works for me for now.

Thanks for all your help again. I will be more educated next hardware I purchase.

Cool.. glad you got it going!
    VDJ probably compresses that broadcast stream, reducing your quality for no reason, that's the only prob with the arrangement you have. But one thing you can try is, I don't know what controller you have.. but most of them can be used just like any ordinary soundcard, so your broadcaster software can play out through the controller audio output. And VDJ you can set to play out through no sound card, or if it requires one, let it use the headphone jack on your laptop...