Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dude book 3 gigs with........

Hybrid View

Dude book 3 gigs with........

an ION EXPLORE OUTBACK with mic and the colored lights.....Yes Seriously! I went to a friends retirement party last Saturday, and the DJ was set up in the corner with the ION EXPLORE OUTBACK. I ask him was he hired to do this gig and he said yes, (he only charged $330) and they want him to do a few more events after Labor Day. OK, I'm done, just can't take it anymore. I ain't mad at the player, just mad at the game I did however give my business card to the event organizer.

was he a young kid just starting out?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Just the Outback speaker, no iPad or laptop?
    Did he just turn on an FM station?
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

How did he do? did he play a good selection?
    he is getting booked, I assume they are pleased with him and his prices
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by den1213 View Post
    I went to a friends retirement party last Saturday, and the DJ was set up in the corner with the ION EXPLORE OUTBACK.
    What's the problem? If the DJ is playing the right music and the crowd wants to dance to it, the DJ is doing the job right. Just because a DJ uses a setup that we personally wouldn't use doesn't make the DJ a lesser one. The ONLY thing that matters is the ability to deliver to the crowd. If the DJ did that, no one should be able to complain.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

5 years ago I started off with 1 12" ION, a laptop, and a mic.
    Now I have about 15K in gear. No that's not a lot of money
    to most, but it gets me by. LOL
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    What's the problem? If the DJ is playing the right music and the crowd wants to dance to it, the DJ is doing the job right. Just because a DJ uses a setup that we personally wouldn't use doesn't make the DJ a lesser one. The ONLY thing that matters is the ability to deliver to the crowd. If the DJ did that, no one should be able to complain.
    Yep - in the end, it's not about the hardware - it's about "Git 'R Done".

Back in the day had a guy working for/with my partner and I. Met him in a lighting class in college, had been taking him out and training him for sound for about a year. Time to push him out of the nest and out into the world of sound & light. Had a fashion show to do, I pulled the contract sitting at my desk and reviewed it with Brian. Handed it to him to go do, it was a Saturday about noon at the shop. He handed it back to me, we went back and forth about 3 times and my frustration kicked in. I handed the contract to him and said "go get paid", you know the type of job, the room it's in and our inventory for equipment. Go back to the warehouse, pick the gear you want, put it in the truck, set it up, get it done and bring me back the check so I can go to the bank on Monday.

We never had that conversation again.

Reminds me of a couple of Lee Trevio's (pro golfer) quotes: "A hungry dog hunts best", "Pressure is playing for 10 dollars, when you don't have a dime in your pocket".

Ya gotta laugh at the idea of going out with a POS like that to do a job. If he pulled lt off, more power to him - I wouldn't entertain doing something like that in a bad dream.

Hopefully, the dude will get with the program and join the mainstream in the business.

I had to google that thing, it looks scary.

$330 seems a bit expensive, even if the DJ did his job. I wonder if he paid for his music, or just streamed youtoob/spotify through bluetooth...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I had to google that thing, it looks scary.
    They are super common in the USA you see them at Dollar stores, Walmart, and other big boxes.
    It's the Crosley Cruiser of all in one speakers.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    It's the Crosley Cruiser of all in one speakers.
    I had to google that too. Suitcase turntable

Looks like some amateur gear that you would use at a friend's barbecue during a camping expedition.