Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJF member fund forum..

Question DJF member fund forum..

Can we start a private forum for long term or valued members who are going through some hardship? A place to get info on how to help; either they setup some kind of go-fund-me page or or for one of us to start a collection on their behalf.

I just read thru the thread posted by allensmusic and instantly looked for the original thread to see where it was posted. didn't realize he was going thru such hard times.

I remember l0ckd0wn going through a tough time but I don't think it was ever shared here. I could be wrong there but the it's easy to miss a thread like that. A dedicated forum with just the 1 locked thread with info on how to help and maybe a link the post where they shared their story.

btw - I said longer term or value member because if open to everyone, it could lead to anyone posting a story just to get some money. How do you turn down something like that without really knowing its a scam? Just thinking thru all the pros and cons of having something like this.

edit:
    I would avoid just using a sticky thread in Off-Topic. those sometimes gets overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

damn. this is exactly what I'm taking about. I missed that thread.

thanks for posting it.

I'm getting some discussion going on this. I will keep you posted. Thanks for this idea.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    damn. this is exactly what I'm taking about. I missed that thread.

thanks for posting it.
    you need to pay more attention!!!

just kidding!
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

never heard about l0ck struggling. good guy, intelligent and banging techno chops.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

what about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    I just now noticed this thread.
    I was looking for a "movie trailer" or "movies coming soon" thread.

Cheap Charley was a bar in Thailand in the 1980s. My actual name is not Charlie or Charles.

I was in a car accident on the night of January 23, 2018.
    I was in intensive care for two months, but I am fine now.
    I'm almost fully recovered now. All I have left is to learn how to walk on my prosthetic leg better. (Bellow the knee amputation.)

I practiced walking at the Mall a few days ago. It's the first time I've been at the mall for two or three years. And I discovered Round1 for the first time.

I never heard of it before. But when I looked it up on YouTube I noticed the chain is in most malls now. And that it originated from Japan. Since the sign said all you can eat, drink, and play for two hours for $27. Three hours for $30. My wife suggested we eat there next time we are at the mall. (We had already eaten at the Food Court.) But I'm guessing it's probably like Chucky Cheese; A fun place for kids with terrible tasting food.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    what about this one?
    Not anywhere close to what you went through. And I'm already living the happy ending.

Early retirement if I never go back to work. Which I might not, I haven't really decided yet.
    With my wife being 79 and myself receiving disability from Social Security we now qualify for low income housing. So we can finally afford to move to Lincoln.

The first week of this month we looked at a two bedroom low income retirement apartment on the sixth floor. I liked that it had an exercise room so we didn't need to waste space in the apartment for exercise equipment. But she didn't like that we would have to go to the first floor just to do the laundry. (We would already be living in Lincoln if my wife didn't turn it down.)

We decided to wait for a (2 bd 1 ba) duplex. (More my wife then me, I prefer apartments over houses.) We are number 51 on the waiting list, so it'll probably be about a year from now.

I currently live in an 890 sq ft house. The apartment was 780 sq ft, so it would have required some downsizing. The duplex is 900 sq ft. So the only difference is I'll be trading a garage for a carport & have a smaller lawn to mow. Since the duplexes are divided by a two car carport I don't have to worry about disturbing my neighbor when I watch TV or listen to the stereo.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 08-26-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    Not anywhere close to what you went through. And I'm already living the happy ending.

Early retirement if I never go back to work. Which I might not, I haven't really decided yet.
    With my wife being 79 and myself receiving disability from Social Security we now qualify for low income housing. So we can finally afford to move to Lincoln.
    but at least I can still ride a motorcycle without needing training wheels... dude, you lost a LEG!

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    but at least I can still ride a motorcycle without needing training wheels... dude, you lost a LEG!

Just a foot actually. I can still bend my knee.
    I had to sell off a lot of crap to help pay bills including our two Gold Wings.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 08-27-2019 at 12:02 AM.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.