Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denon DN-S3700’s, VDJ8, MBP and a Rane 62 Set up Help

Denon DN-S3700’s, VDJ8, MBP and a Rane 62 Set up Help

Hello everyone,

For the fun of it I recently acquired a set of 3700’s. It’s been a nightmare getting this system to work. After going from Turntables to DVS boxes, to controllers I figured it would be easy to set up. Well one week later and still not where I need to be.

The closest I got was to get everything running properly with the exception that the platters and software were not in sync. I’ve read many guides and watched tutorials.... I need help.

I know the 3700’s are a decade old, but I’m hoping that in a decade there’s some guidance that figured it out!

So I’m asking if anyone can help me configure this setup?

I have Serato DJ Pro too, but being that the 3700’s work natively with VDJ via MIDI then I’m going that route.

I think my issue is with which soundcard I choose. Either the 62 or the soundcards in the 3700’s.

Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Que Yi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,

I’m using VDJ Pro. Thanks for the links!

good luck, take a video if u still doesnt work. but also ask in those forums i posted, they might be able to help more.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    good luck, take a video if u still doesnt work. but also ask in those forums i posted, they might be able to help more.
    Thanks! I’ve visited and revisited all of the links within the last week. Have even printed out guides. I think my issue is that I’ve been blending the two concepts of the sound cards.

Denon DN-S3700’s, VDJ8, MBP and a Rane 62 Set up Help

Thanks! I’ve visited and revisited all of the links within the last week. Have even printed out guides. I think the issue has to do something with the MIDI functionality of deck 2.

Here’s the video of the issues that I’m having. It’s extremely frustrating!!!

https://youtu.be/5q3XklHsUYA

Last edited by DJ Que Yi; 08-25-2019 at 09:41 PM.

i was gonna say that. i think u can do one or the other and not both at the same time.

try swapping the decks and see if the fault moves and then compare both decks side by side and see why 1 is working and the other isnt

Update: So it’s been a week and a half of watching you tube videos, reading VDJ, Serato boards and guides, and contacting both VDJ support and Denon support, and up****** firmware and drivers still I have no stability in using two DJ-S3700’s and a Rane 62. Optionally I can use a Denon X600, but I don’t think it will make a difference.

The most stable setup has been to use VDJ Pro V8 through MIDI (not hybrid MIDI) for one unit and use instant doubles. All functions worked and I didn’t experience any latency issues ( tested for an hour). The experience was great. This works but renders my other unit useless.

The 2nd most stable set up was using the Serato Time Code on USB’s. Most functions worked but the latency issues would pop up after 15 minutes of play. This worked for VDJ 8 and. Serato DJ Pro. This experience was disappointing due to the latency issues.

So here is where I would like everyone’s help. Btw all firmware has been updated for all hardware components. Being that the decks are over a decade old should I revert back to Serato Scratch Live and older versions of VDJ 7? I don’t need all the latest features of the newer software to cut and mix. I’m really only interested in replicating my 1200’s I’m being able to cut and scratch. My thought is that maybe the units aren’t and haven’t been supported enough to use with modern software. If anyone is aware of a stable setup using modern software please chime in.

All in one controllers dominate the market and are more plug and play and offer out of the box stability. With the 3700’s I thought I would have a cheaper alternative to the Rane 12’s! But they have been a pain.

So what are your thoughts? Should I sell this setup and move on?

Thanks,
    Que Yi

if vdj 7 works for u, do it. a lot of ppl r still running ssl/

if u want to leep up with the current times, id say upgrade.

if vdj 7 works for u, do it. a lot of ppl r still running ssl/

if u want to leep up with the current times, id say upgrade.
    I might just do that. This started out as a novelty purchase and not a main rig purchase. I think I will try out the X600 mixer with the older software. The X600 is fully MIDI mappable so I can map cue points. - well this is all in theory.

Thanks!