Thread: Long time absentee member, hello again

Long time absentee member, hello again

Hey, how's everyone? Nearly 8 years ago I joined the forum (although I remember looking at this site while I was in high school, educating myself about beginner mixer choices... maybe I was going by a diff name then, I dunno) and had a grand old time. I learned about what gear was good and what was shit, tossed around a few mixes, etcetera. Back when I joined the forum, I was spinning 2000's-era UK Hardcore and gabber. Soon after I hopped off the forum, I got into spinning real old 90's-era gabber/speedcore. Somewhere in there (and in the natural process of mellowing out as I grew older ['older' being 28,]) I got into trance and hard-trance and old 90's fuggin New Beat and just all sorts of stuff that was notably more mellow than the speedcore and hardcore I grew up with.

Currently looking at a decent controller that could very well replace the utterly dinosauric old Hercules RMX 1 I have. Going through my planner and jotting down songs I'm gonna be wanting to play out to people once I hop back out there. Surfed around the metal scene for a while in the meantime and produced a few split EP's under a breakcore moniker, then in the process of growing up I mellowed out and starting making fuggin weird sci-fi movie soundtrack stuff.

All in all I dig a lot of things and I'm happy to be looking at DJ stuff again. Maybe I'll start submitting mixes again or going into trance battles soon. All depends on how soon I can scrape together some money to get a VDJ licence and some 320s together. Between jobs atm. Who knows.

"The other day, I was googling stereotypes about Subaru owners, and I found out that common stereotype is that lesbians often drive Subarus, and that works I guess cuz in my latest selfie, I kind of look like a disheveled lesbian, myself"
    Last edited by DJ Headkick; 08-17-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Headkick View Post
    Hey, how's everyone? Nearly 8 years ago I joined the forum (although I remember looking at this site while I was in high school, educating myself about beginner mixer choices... maybe I was going by a diff name then, I dunno) and had a grand old time...
    Welcome to DJF... or welcome back.😊

What a great post. Welcome back!

As for controllers, VDJ still works with several, so it's really up to you. Just remember to pick the DJ app first then see what controllers work with it.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Welcome Back!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.