Thread: JBL Partybox 1000

JBL Partybox 1000

OMG! I saw these at a furniture store along with the QFX, Sony, and Ion lighted all in one speakers.

JBL Partybox 1000
    2:08

I do like that the subwoofer is down firing. But I'm a little surprised both JBL & Sony are making these speaker systems.

One Partybox 1000 speaker cost about $1,000
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I have had two people who have heard these first hand speak good things about these but neither of them has any pro audio experience so I just didn't know what to make of it seeing as I have never seen nor heard them before.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

For home use 1000 could buy some proper sounding hifi second hand.
    For gig use 1000 could buy something rugged and loud.

However, for the tween market, I guess these could sell like hot cakes...
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

£899.99 gimmick, modern version of this:

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I guess these could sell like hot cakes...
    It seems to depend on where they are being sold. These type of all-in-one speakers don't seem to sell very well at Walmart unless they are under $200.

But at furniture stores and electronics stores they seem to sell out of the loudest bassiest ones fairly regularly. So it seems to be more of a slightly upscale market than the mass market. Which is a hard target audience right now since the middle-class is shrinking instead of expanding.

With cars sales declining in their traditional countries (North America, Europe, Australia, etc.) I can see young people moving from loud car stereos to loud all-in-one speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    £899.99 gimmick, modern version of this:

I had something similar to that in the early 1980s. One big (8") speaker in the middle & two small (3" or 4") speakers on the ends. Instead of LEDs on the speaker grills, there were two white plastic squares on the ends that had three Christmas tree style light bulbs behind them that flashed to the music.

The thing I liked about it was the tuning knob. Since it had AM/FM and shortwave. The tuning knob worked normally on the outside but on the inside of the knob you could turn that separately for fine tuning a station.

I bought so many ridiculously over priced boom boxes in the 1970s & 1980s.
    I wish I had hung on to a lot of them because you never see anything like them anymore.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 08-16-2019 at 10:58 AM.

I met a guy recently who has a few. The solid stuff, not the gimmicks...

$1000 seems outrageous until you consider that people are happily paying $120 for the JBL Charge, $300+ for the JBL Xtreme, and I think around $450 for the JBL Boombox bluetooth speakers. This thing is a LOT bigger than the Boombox and has the lightshow.. so yea, people who are really into this portable speaker thing are going to buy it.

And yea.. I have a Charge, I got my nephew an Xtreme 2 for his birthday last year.. he loves it, actually it's pretty impressive.. so I'm not immune to this trend

I do find it a little weird.. that people who are into music used to have at minumum pretty nice sounding hifi systems at home with turntables and whatnot, and now the standards have dropped and everyone has these bluetooth speakers that, even at best, sound just pretty good. And everyone streams. I get it, it's convenient. I do enjoy my portable speakers.. and the ease of using them is something that didn't exist before. It's a different mindset.
    Last edited by light-o-matic; 08-16-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    I got my nephew an Xtreme 2 for his birthday last year.. he loves it, actually it's pretty impressive.. so I'm not immune to this trend
    Actually for as small as they are, they've packed a lot of speakers into the Boombox and the Xtreme2. (1 low, 2 mids, 2 highs)

The Partybox 100 & 300 are probably closer to what people were using in the 1970s and 1980s. And a lot cheaper than the Partybox 1000.
    JBL Party Box 300 - Better Than The JBL Boom Box?
    22:37
    Last edited by Windows 95; 08-16-2019 at 05:56 PM.