Thread: 90s Smooth RnB

90s Smooth RnB

Here is some good ol' R&B from the '90s for your short commute.

Have a listen:
    90s Smooth RnB

HOLD ON - En Vogue
    I'M SO INTO YOU - SWV 04.19
    SO INTO YOU - Tamia 07.33
    TELL ME - Groove Theory 11.14
    TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKE - Guy 14.43
    RIGHT HERE - SWV 18.23
    CANDY RAIN - Soul for Real 21.45
    ONLY YOU - 112 ft. Mase & Notorious BIG 25.45
    WIFEY - Next 30.15
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens

I stopped listening after the transition of Tamia to Groove Theory. It's evident you need more practice and haven't mastered the basics of beatmatching yet. How long have been a DJ? How often do you practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamza21 View Post
    I stopped listening after the transition of Tamia to Groove Theory. It's evident you need more practice and haven't mastered the basics of beatmatching yet. How long have been a DJ? How often do you practice?
    It's evident you need to brush up on your communication skills. You can't just blatantly shoot somebody down without an explanation. What exactly did you think was wrong with that transition? It wasn't the greatest transition ever but it wasn't too bad either. It was definitely far from the total train wreck you make it to be. The meaning of this forum is to give a bit of help, not just say something sucks and then leave it be.

Personally I liked the mix, it had tracks in it I used to play back in the day and I thought the whole vibe was nice. If I would have any complaints on the mix it's about the levels. Incoming tracks seem to get louder and louder towards the later half of the mix, but it's no dealbreaker.

It's evident you need to brush up on your communication skills.
    No you just do not understand nor appreciate bluntness.

What exactly did you think was wrong with that transition?

Envogue to SWV was too long and should have faded out earlier by a bar or two.

SWV to Tamia isn't even mixing nor even beatmatching. It's old style fade out/ fade in that radio deejays used do before 90's. It's clear by this "mix" he didn't know song well enough to know how to transition from song 99 bpm to another 93 bpm.

Tamia to Groove Theory was a trainwreck - gallopping snares!

If he stated this was mix by novice I would have not commented but since most who post here have at least mastered beatmatching I was surprised someone would post this.