Thread: Faderwave radio on cue.live?

Cool Faderwave radio on cue.live?

Another thread to try to drum-up some interest in bringing back Faderwave radio. The difference here being I've been playing on CUE for a few weeks and compared it with the other options. After trying most of the other streaming sites still around (Chew.tv, Livesets, Youtube,...), I keep going back to CUE for a few reasons.

1- Probably the best reason here - real-time track listings. The room shows the track playing in real-time, a soon as it comes in. Unclear if its using a 3rd party software like Shazam or it reads my MP3 data since I connect straight from tractor Pro. There are times where it doesn't pick up the track im playing so not sure and I haven't bothered asking. Yet.

2 - Small group of DJs trying to build out their platform with constant upgrades and decent features and you get the sense that they want this to be big.

3 - Right now it's audio only with a chatroom but I personally prefer that over the video streaming. I feel video streams died out back with StickAm, at least for DJ streams and better suited for live festivals really. Most ppl now listen thru smartphones and can't bother with watching a cam for 1 or 2 hours. Instead the music gets all the focus and listeners can do their own thing.

4 - Another good reason is the app they designed. Again, no video steam so its just an music player with access to the chatroom and features but you can also do other things and leave it playing in the background. I sometimes have it playing in my car when someone's live.

As for the chatroom features they've added;
    - you can "heart" a track to mark it as favorite in your profile.
    - a clapping icon to cheer the DJ or the track playing - both emotes are seen by all in the room, similar to periscope hearts.
    - they have talked about adding video feed to the room but more down the line.

To wrap this up (tl;dr)

I thought this host would work well for Faderwave as it has decent features and app. Its a new platform for DJs by DJs (I think Chew claims the same thing) and they are constantly thinking of new things to add on. There's a chatroom per room/channel with multiple rooms right now, DJF can have its own room to run.

They don't have forum, although I'm sure they can set one up if they wanted to but for now using Reddit and Discord to communicate. This team-up will give them a forum to use and some more exposure so it's a win for both side.

I've already spoke to both sides on this and got the permission to from both to post this thread. What i'm hoping is to get a list of ppl who will be committed from the start so we don't waste time getting things up if and when it happens. If you think you would be interested, go there and check it out for yourself - you are forced to sign up to view the different channels.

If you're in, post up here and/or also send me a PM so I can keep track. If we can get 15 or more, that will be a good-sized group to get this started.

what say you...
    Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 08-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.

What's dead may never die
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

Got your msg.

I'll keep track of this thread and make a list of those who express interest. I'll reach out to everyone once I get 10+ DJs who are down but looks like this may take a while.
    Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 08-23-2019 at 10:59 AM.

I'm down.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

I might be interested, just need to check when would be a good time for a show.

I'm DEFINITELY down. (Goes and dusts off the setup.)
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks guys. PM me your contact info (email or twitter, not FB) so I can reach out if and when we're ready to start this up.

Made a thread with more detail about CUE.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...fo-on-Cue-Live

[snippet of info posted on reddit]
    illestrater .............Yes we're currently licensed with SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI in the US and PRS in the UK. No licensing yet in Canada and other countries, so we're paying all listens through SoundExchange currently as it's the best we can do in order not short any record labels and artists.

Unfortunately PPL UK has referred us to work directly with record labels as their licensing only covers traditional online radio approaches - same with ICE Europe. So, we've reached out to Warner, Sony, Universal, BMG, and Kobalt, and none of them bothered to move forward - it seems like we're too low profile for them to consider.

Moving forward on this, we have a huge and visionary plan to file as a non-profit and distribute all profits to accounts that all record labels, especially small ones and independent artists that may not be represented, can then claim - all over blockchain and token economics. I have not shared this piece publicly yet, so there it is haha. We're here to maximize royalty distribution, especially for the smaller artists.

Bring it back guys!! But no cam = no faderwave groupies

Oh, and hai
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats