Thread: Dj Headphones for beginner

Dj Headphones for beginner

Hi all,
    I'm about to buy a new headphones and i'm deciding between a few options: ath 40x / Sony MDR 7506 / Shure SRH750.

I have read a lot about those three and know the basic differnces between them (40x has a more natural sound, for example), but I couldn't found a specific opinion regrading using them for basic dj use (basically mixing for fun at home and in small friends parties)

I would like to hear from you which headphones you will recommend for this use.

Thanks a lot!
    Ben

All three of them are solid headphones. None of them has any particular feature that makes them better for DJing than the others. Whichever you decide on you will get years of use out of.

Recommending one over the other is tough. I would say if you have the possibility to go try them out you should get the ones you think fit you the best. You'll be wearing them for hours on end, so they need to be comfortable. Sound is also subjective, so you would need to listen and see which ones you like the best.

It's already been discussed and reviewed a lot: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...over-the-years