Thread: Need help

Need help

Ok so I do an event every year but this year my DJ cant make it. I pursued a pair of Rockville 12" pa speakers with mic. I will order a wireless mic to add to it. I know they are not the best but not looking for that just need something to play good music and make some announcements. I'm going to load an SD card with music and let it play until I make my announcements.

Now my question is I'm sure it can be done but how and whats best way. I want to record and audio file basically saying welcome to the event and call out the sponsors. I would like this to run ruffly every hour on the sd card. So on an sd card I'd like to insert this file every say 12 to 15 songs. Normally an sd card wants to load files by alphabetical order. So I'm guessing I'll have to rename each file or some how change a settings on the sd when loading so I load it on the card is how it will stay.

Maybe even willing to pay someone to make me a file i will give them what to say. They could add some sound to the back ground.

I'm new to this so sorry if i sound dumb on the question.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Use a laptop, iTunes and make a playlist. No faffing about an SD card alphabetical order needed.

I was hoping on not having to take an iPad or laptop with me. Wishing to slap in an sd card and for get about it and walk away. Nothing for someone to take when I'm off working the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkey View Post
    I was hoping on not having to take an iPad or laptop with me. Wishing to slap in an sd card and for get about it and walk away. Nothing for someone to take when I'm off working the event.

I would use an Ipod to play the playlist and your announcement. Velcro it to the top of your speaker where it’s out of sight while you’re working the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jkey View Post
    You dont want to take a laptop or iPad..
    You want to just slap in a SD card...

Ummmm, slap it in what?

For me, its a pretty simple solution. Whatever it is that your going to take to slap the SD card in, the SD card will have the music files on it. One of two ways to play the music:
    in order that they are on the card or
    in random order

All you need to do is put the audio file of your announcement in the mix of music files wherever you want it to play.
    For example:
    first file will be your announcement
    Then you'll have 15 song files
    then copy & paste your file of the announcement as number 16
    the 15 more songs
    then copy & paste your file of the announcement again
    then 15 more songs
    then copy & paste your file of the announcement again, etc, etc.

So, it will play 15 songs, then your announcement after every 15 songs.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Que Yi View Post
    I would use an Ipod to play the playlist and your announcement. Velcro it to the top of your speaker where it’s out of sight while you’re working the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Ya I thought about that I'm go down and get an ipod shuffle.

Is there any sites to download a DJ song playlist?

Depends on what list you're after. Are you playing music for kids, teenagers, 20 somethings or retired people, or a mixture of all that?

I'm go down and get an ipod shuffle
    If anything goes wrong, you won't even have a screen to check where you're at. I would avoid going for the cheapest, cost cutting solution because that has the potential to land you with some technical issues.

If you're being paid for this gig, I would suggest acquiring suitable equipment.

If you're expected to run the gig for free, maybe ask for people to chip in on the expense, or even maybe lend something more suitable.

If you end up having an ipod shuffle issue, without even a computer backup [that you will need in the first place to load the ipod through itunes anyway], that's recipe for disaster.