Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone waiting for? Music? Gear? What?

What is everyone waiting for? Music? Gear? What?

Industries are driven by people excited to buy something and the DJ world is no different. What are you wanting to buy or waiting for? Music? Gear? If what you want exists, why are you stalling your purchase?

I'm waiting for Pioneer's stand-alone 4 deck machine as an answer to Denon DJ's Prime 4. I want to compare it to the Prime 4 and purchase the better device.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

What is everyone waiting for? Music? Gear? What?

I want a Denon MC7000. I’m thinking of putting a Podium Style System together, and I’d like the MC7000 to be the centerpiece. I have a couple of Denon MC6000MK2’s and they’re perfect for my rack systems, but they’re kinda small, and... discontinued.😄

I always have primary and backup computers in my systems, but only one at a time can connect to the MC6000MK2. The MC7000 has dual USB ports, so I can have both computers live at all times. If my main computer has issues, I can immediately start playing on the backup.

The reason I haven’t pulled the trigger???... Price.😄 I can’t talk myself into spending that much. I can use an inexpensive USB switch to share the controller, and I have a DDJ-T1 I’m not using, so it makes more sense to do that... dammit!!!😄 I really WANT the MC7000 though.

I want to get the Rane Twelve. I want to sell my current Pioneer SR2 and move on to the Rane Twelve. Right now I'm just waiting to get the money to do so. I'll probably start with just one and use Instant Doubles and once I pay the first Twelve I'll add a second one. I still have and use my 1200s but I think I also need a modular controller.
    My mission is to boldly go where no DJ has gone before

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I want a Denon MC7000.
    I'm waiting for the MK2...

The MC7000 is old now and I'm due a new one. Mine has a snapped fader and 5 broken buttons. The buttons still work but it's the mounts, CUE, FX1 etc. As for price, I thought the MC7000 was exceptionally cheap, especially now and during sales, compared to release. There was a huge temp price drop when Pio release the DDJ1000, that's when I bought the MC7000, it was cheaper than the NS6II for a month or so. Mines had a lot of remapping done, I love it. Not interested in stand alone, if no MKII comes soon i'll be tempted to go Pio.

Discovering old tunes again!

Finally after 15+ years of my vinyl being in storage, its finally free!!! Sadly it wasn't kept as well as could be expected!
    Had forgotten the amount of white tables and test pressing of 'Big House Tunes"......nostalgia trip for sure! In addition, i reopened a box of random and ear bleeding hardcore that i decided 20 years ago i'd never play so kept anyway....but loving discovering it once again! Bass X Hardcore disco, Scott Brown Now Is The Time

Nothing!

But that's because I just bought a bunch of sound stuff.

Current exceptions are:

- New Slipknot album comes out next week.
    - My local friendly family shop is doing 5 DVDs for £1 (current exchange rate = $1.20), so I'm piling up high. Acquired all Mad Max, all Clint Eastwood, all X-men, all Tarantinos, metric ton of horror movies, a ton of action movies, a ton of popcorn flicks, music concerts/documentaries etc etc. Like a kid in a candy shop, and buying all the candy I want.
    Last edited by Manu; 08-03-2019 at 07:13 AM.

I'd like to see EDM vinyl become mainstream enough that it's sold in stores like Classic Rock vinyl & Mainstream Pop vinyl.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    I'd like to see EDM vinyl become mainstream enough that it's sold in stores like Classic Rock vinyl & Mainstream Pop vinyl.
    That would be the worst because it literally is a con. As we all know I'm anti vinyl, people are over paying for a myth. I was a vinyl lover, it consumed a huge part of my life. It was the music I loved, I was mistaken to think it was the vinyl. There's no debate, it's simply science, it's too inconsistent. Don't get me wrong though... I will have a vinyl coming out in a few months. Only because that's what the DJ's into that sound want and will pay for, where as the wavs are shared.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
    That would be the worst because it literally is a con.
    Actually it was CDs that were the con. They forced us to switch to CDs and charged more for them despite CDs being cheaper to make then records.

I'm glad to see that digital downloads and digital streaming has been killing off CDs.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Vinyl a con? Why? Using a high end analog djmixer paired with a high powered good quality sound system the vinyl dominats .wav and .flac IMO. I own many duplicates on vinyl and .wav
    U dont hear the difference?