Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Protection

Hearing Protection

As of now, I don't play my music for people but I love going to music events and festivals. I'd love to know what hearing protection you guys use. I was diagnosed with mild hyperacusis(noise sensitivity) and I'm leaning towards buying custom earplugs but I'm still open to suggestions. The earplugs might not look cool but a pair is something essential for me.

What hearing protection do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Just watched this video on Youtube. It's from a custom hearing protection company called Big Ear Inc. Product looks good but a bit pricey. They also have a service provider near me. Should I get one?

I use musicians earplugs moulded to my ears. Well worth the investment because the music sounds great (flat eq) just a little quieter (-25db). If music doesn’t sound good you won’t use them.

The earplugs might not look cool but
    But you only have one pair of ears.

I use Laserlites, and I would also recommend Etymotic earplugs.

Moulded custom plugs are the next best, I know a few drummers who will use that.

huh!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    huh!?!?!

Hey old man! Good to see you back, how are you? Hope some better luck has come your way since the fire...

This is something that's also been on my mind lately big time - after a bunch of research, I'm planning to buy a set of EARasers later this week.

From my research they're meant to be comfortable, super minimal (i.e. once they're in your ears, can hardly notice them), and provide great reduction of overall noise while preserving sound clarify.

I've never used any before though so I'm also keen to see how it feels, but as others have said you only have one set of ears, gotta look after that!

I was hoping on stem cell research to come to the rescue. It's been proven to work on hearing loss. Unfortunatly it's been hit by a tiny set back... Stems cells pose a huge cancer risk, easier to go rogue. Who'd of thought! Should of been obvious really!!!

I use Westone custom in ears for the last 8 years. I wear them when I’m DJn and while I’m at a concert or nightclub. Best health investment ever.

Although at the end of the night, taking them out when the music is off in the nightclub, it’s as if everyone is yelling & screaming, uber loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little update from my last post - have bought the EARasers, and they are awesome! Comfortable, very minimal (i.e. can't even really notice them when I'm wearing them), and sound reduction is great.

Highly recommend.