Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simple But Effective System Advice

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT View Post
    Do I use an adapter from RCA to 1/4”?
    Yep. Just remember that RCAs are unbalanced - meaning cables are not protected against picking up noise on long cable runs. As such, try to keep your cables less than 15 feet and away from fluorescent lights or motors and you should be ok.

Adapters look like this:

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I have a behringer xenyx 802 mixer so should I go from the controller to the mixer with a dual 1/4" to dual RCA cable then the mixer to the powered speakers instead?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT View Post
    I have a behringer xenyx 802 mixer so should I go from the controller to the mixer with a dual 1/4" to dual RCA cable then the mixer to the powered speakers instead?
    Yes, with a cable like this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...cpr201-1-meter

That is normally what I would do, and the advantage there, besides the mixer supplying a balanced output.. is that the mixer can be used to plug in other sources eg a music player or cellphone as backup or when you are just taking a break from DJing, or if you have computer problems and need to reboot.

But, you could also leave the mixer out and use a pair cables like this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...xrm110-10-foot

As pointed out already, this will give you an unbalanced connection to the speakers, which COULD result in a hum or buzz.. but that does not mean it WILL result in that... sometimes it works just fine, and for ****** DJing maybe you don't always want to bring the mixer and if it's just playing at home or a ****** hangout you might not want to bring too much gear.
    Last edited by light-o-matic; 08-05-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks. I’m pretty excited. My DDJ 400 comes in tomorrow. Pretty sure it’s going to be a little underwhelming trying to figure out how to set up rekordbox and get everything else going but I’m off this weekend so have plenty of time to play around with it.