Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Modded DJM900 with rotary kit and CDJ2000 LED mod

Using a Rotary Empath I'll mix techno, disco, house, dubstep, trip-hop, drum'n'bass...

Bought a regular Empath because mixing hip-hop was a pain, and being able to cut with upfaders is a little more fun with tech and d'n'b.

That said: depending what mixer you're using you can still mix many styles. If I want a quick cut on the rotary, I'll use the input selector on the channel, or the EQ toggle.

Can't stand what frequencies the eq is based at. There are like no mids and the bass takes out way to much in my opinion. In my mixer (evo 5) thats ajustable

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBass View Post
    Can't stand what frequencies the eq is based at. There are like no mids and the bass takes out way to much in my opinion. In my mixer (evo 5) thats ajustable
    Are you talking about the DJM 900? I guess it's semi adjustable with the EQ and Kill feature, but I haven't noticed anything you mentioned.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    Are you talking about the DJM 900? I guess it's semi adjustable with the EQ and Kill feature, but I haven't noticed anything you mentioned.
    i guess he means the frequency range of the single EQ e.g. mids EQ from xxx Hz - xxx Hz
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

The play lights on both my cdj2000s are out. Is this probably just an issue with bad LEDs or something else?

definitely bad LED's, that's what got me on the whole modding kick

if you are comfortable soldering in new ones, the led's on the play/cue board are 3mm, I used the ultra bright clear ones and they are perfect, I used led-switch.com. http://led-switch.com/Ultra%20Bright%20LED's.htm

if not, the boards from pioneer parts are easy to replace but are about $45 (US) a piece vs doing the led's yourself for like $2 total
    Last edited by brichi; 08-28-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks for the link, I was looking at them on ebay which probably would have been a bad idea. So am I able to put any color anywhere? It specifies certain voltages for certain colors but you seem to have mixed them around.

I will probably just replace the cue and play with the original colors. I was thinking green for loop in and red for loop out could be cool.

you can pretty much do any color as long as you stick with 3mm and between 2-5v. I did both my cdj's and djm900

sounds good man. I am going to get a pack of green and a pack of red. Red for cue, green for play. And maybe do the loop buttons too