Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixcloud deleted my mix

Mixcloud deleted my mix

Mixcloud <noreply@mixcloudmail.com>
    Sun 07/07/2019 23:09

Hi,

Thanks for using Mixcloud, it's great to have you on the platform.

Mixcloud is all about radio shows, DJ mixes, Podcasts, and audio that people can enjoy for an extended period of time.

For licensing reasons we are not allowed to host uploads containing tracks mostly from the same artist so unfortunately we've had to disable your upload titled "Manu versus Nine Inch Nails - The Slip 2, revisited, remixed, remastered".

If you feel there has been an error, please get in touch at support@mixcloud.com.

Thank you,
    Mixcloud Team
    So I had to mail back of course. Because as it turns out, I produced this with a Creative Commons licence. And it's all been mixed together to sound like a mix.

Then they come back to me.

Stephen (Mixcloud)

Jul 9, 13:59 BST

Hi Manu​,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order to action this we will need you to fill out the waiver form on the link below and send it to copyright@mixcloud.com:

https://help.mixcloud.com/hc/en-us/a...s/360004031480

Once we received a completed copy of the form to copyright@mixcloud.com we will be able to add this to the show and the restriction will be waived.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

Mixcloud Support

I also argued that, if they have to remove something that contains too many tracks from the same artist, they would then have to remove every single tribute, megamix and compilation mix from their website. They did not try to counter argue that.

I also sent them a link of a Mixcloud search under "Nine Inch Nails", and told them they would need to delete all that, but also any similar search results from any other artist published on their website. They did not try to counter argue that either.

But hey, result. My stuff is back online.

https://www.mixcloud.com/__MANU__/ma...ls-the-slip-2/

Olli (Mixcloud)

Jul 15, 17:30 BST

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back in touch,

This has been passed through to the relevant member of Mixcloud staff to review in regards to the creative commons license.

In the meantime, we have re-enabled your show while this is sorted.
    Thanks,
    Olli

Mixcloud Support

Last edited by Manu; 07-17-2019 at 07:22 AM.

I'd ask for an explanation of why they arent removing the other uploads you mentioned etc. At least ask them to comment on your concerns etc.

But, you know, "you can catch more flies with sugar than salt", so it may well be left alone.

Glad your stuff got reinstated in the end.....
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I'd say it's most likely to be a case of "How they see fit"... And I'm not interested in their policies, I wouldn't ask/call about some other fellow DJ's stuff to be removed. I made the remark only to point out their own lack of common sense.

I also told them it would not look good, if some CC licensed content was removed for "licensing issues". And that if this was to occur, I had evidence of them making that sort of move, which in turn would make me make them deal with the CC guys.

With the prospect of making them look like complete turkeys. I think they got the message.
    Last edited by Manu; 07-17-2019 at 07:41 AM.

I think it is well played on Mixcloud's part. They are providing a "free" service, so I can't see why they are in any obligation to keep your mix up if they ddon't want to.

I had a couple of my mixes as a "not available in your area" for the USA because it had a lot of one artist. But I made those mixes specifically to see what a mix with one artist would sound like. Whatever. Hadn't thought of creative commons, good call.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

It was registered as such in the first place, so it was then a case of checkmate from me

Bump. They've done it again, so I had to resubmit a ticket, again. What part of Creative Commons is it they don't get

I quit posting on mixcloud for the same reason. They kept deleating my single artist medley, which is probably half of the mixes that I do. So I just post them over at House-Mixes

Thanks for chiming in, you got right to the point. I looked into this by simply google ''Mixcloud compilation'' - turns out they allow some and delete others. Absolutely stupid random rule with no clear boundaries on how they apply it. I think I might start using house mixes (already have an account). I'm currently having some tryouts on cutting a video, will upload later to youtube since mine fits under a creative commons licence.

What I don't get is what they deleted me once, I appeal, they reinstate it then 4 years later do it again.
    Last edited by Manu; 04-07-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Mixcloud has deleted all of my megamixes from my SHOWS on Mixcloud.

I don't know if they allow compilations if one were to upgrade to PRO but I have no plans to upgrade.

House-Mixes you say?...
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens

My dad taught me one of those useful things he said, ''When my bread is no good I look for another baker.''