Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixcloud deleted my mix

Mixcloud just emailed me back, asking me for a waiver from the original copyright holder. So I sent them the exact same waiver I sent them back in 2019, and a copy paste of the exchange we had back in 2019, with the ticket number... Looks and smells like they don't keep records of their own strike system.

Companies are lazy. Congrats on getting your mix back. I think that this might be the first time I've heard of success through engagement with the company. Well done.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I didn't get it back, I got it back in 2019, and then some admin gave me another strike. We'll see what they do with pointing this out at them... Giving me a copyright strike on something that is Creative Commons. Still working on a video render and then I'll put that on youtube instead.

I emailed this back:

Here is attached the waiver I sent to you on 09/07/2019 for the exact same issue. Ticket number ####. You've just given me the same copyright strike twice, over a piece of music that is covered by Creative Commons.

Here is a copy/paste of the email I sent you on 09/07/2019 for the exact same issue:

''WORD DOCUMENT IS COMPLETED AND ATTACHED, TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, CAPACITY AND LEGAL CAPACITY UNDER CURRENT EUROPEAN PRIVACY LAWS (NAME, ADDRESS, AND/OR OTHER PRIVATE DETAILS).

DO NOT ASK ME FOR THE ORIGINAL LINK REQUIRED IN YOUR FORM, I DO NOT HAVE IT SINCE YOU DELETED IT. YOUR WORK, NOT MINE.

TICKET NUMBER ####

MANU

https://www.mixcloud.com/__MANU__/

MATERIAL IS PROTECTED AND FULLY COPYRIGHTED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE,

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE THE FULL RIGHTS TO: REMIX, COPY, SHARE.

© Original release July 22 2011 remix - to present day 2023 - MANU, NINE INCH NAILS, TRENT REZNOR, ATTICUS ROSS, ALAN MOULDER, THE NULL CORPORATION, THE SLIP, THE SLIP 2, REMIXED, REVISITED AND REMASTERED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, CREATIVE COMMONS 3.0 USA and 4.0 INTERNATIONAL UNDER A NON MONETARY PROFIT LICENCE''

Reply from Mixcloud, proving they don't keep records in their striking system

Hi Manu,

Thanks for this.

I had no idea Nine Inch Nails had done this. I've had a look and seen that this is copyright free so I have added a waiver to the show and it is now available for listening.

I am sorry for the confusion, please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Thanks,
    Jodie

Mixcloud Support

And so I did get it back. Twice. Nothing as good as a bit of an original copyright owning in the first place isn't it, Bishes. That said, the lady who dealt with me was an absolute pleasure to deal with, to their credit she was really cool with all that sort of non event, and she did put things right

https://www.mixcloud.com/__MANU__/ma...ls-the-slip-2/

As they call it in Mixcloud lingo, the ''show'' is back on, whew. What a thing to get your ''show'' back online sometimes...

Cheers.

Congrats for getting your mix back for a second time.

I am not as diligent or litigious as you (ie I AM LAZY) so I will not pursue getting the mixes back.
    For me, the simpler solution is to post and upload content to another site and forget about mixcloud.
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens

Thanks, it was just a matter of sending a couple of emails back and forth, a lot more straightforward than the first time. I am litigious because I am well versed in British law, including copyright, so I'll always give it a go. Try nothing get nothing, right?

To be honest, the lady who took care of the claim was very nice, and sent me a last email to tell me she enjoyed listening to it while filing the paperwork, saying,

It is a great show

I always forget how good Nine Inch Nails are until I listen to them!

Have a lovely day,
    Thanks,
    Jodie
    No harm no foul I guess... It's actually a lot simpler than trying to dodge a copyright strike on youtube, and I have one of these going on at the moment. I had to contact the copyright owner and still waiting for the reply. If they don't I hear anything back, the copyright strike gets nullified by default. In another video, Youtube gave a me a strike, but actually provided me with some musical content that would fill in nicely. It's not all as bad as it may seem...