Thread: Mixer balance L-R

Mixer balance L-R

on my mixer i have the balance knob between L and R speakers. for some reason it is more weighted to one side then the other - any ideas why this would be?

Thread moved to "mixers"

Once again: I would appreciate if you started threads in the relevant sections.

Looking at your previous threads, I see that you have a behringer mixer. I'm afraid these are know for poor quality, poor finish, and extreme corner cutting regarding the quality of the components used.

Most issues with equipment can be analysed by checking all the signal path.
    The problem with your mixer could be the connection to record players / Cd players.
    A common fault could be the stylus not tracking correctly or the headshell not correcting to the tonearm.

Although as Manu mentioned, the Quality Control on Behringer mixers is not known to be high, it could just be bad calibration at their factory.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

That depends if he means more weighted by feel or by display on the vu meters. When running analogue music, that's quite common. If it's just the feel of the knob itself, then it's typical Behringer. I remember being given an old one for free, and everything on it felt like it was shot.

Anyways, what Pete has mentioned on the other side of things, is completely correct. Cables can also be an issue in that regard.

it could just be bad calibration at their factory.
    I don't think that's a possibility, you just solder the pot on the PCB according to specs, and eventually secure it with a nut (depending on gear). If it responds badly in terms of feel, to me it smells like bad machinery (or a kink during transit of the part) and the pot has been constructed at a tower of Pisa angle. Hence, it rubs on one side. Most DJs will understand what I mean, because this is what happens when a mixer knob takes a hit. It won't ever glide again like it used to. It must glide all around, and if you feel any resistance then it's a bit off. Not sure what else can be said about that
    Last edited by Manu; 07-10-2019 at 02:17 PM.