Thread: Pioneer DDJ SX3 vs Roland dj 808

Pioneer DDJ SX3 vs Roland dj 808

Hello Guys, i have to change my Pioneer DDj sx2 which is old and have several problems. I wanted to buy another dj controller but i am hesitating mainly cos i think that pioneer soundcard on these controllers are not very very good. I saw that there is a soundcard on the roland dj 808 with 24 bits / 96000 khz which seems to be better. I saw many videos on youtube and the sound of roland dj 808 seems to be amazing. But i wanted to have your opinions, your experiences with one or the other controller and what do you think about it ?

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by misteryannis View Post
    Hello Guys, i have to change my Pioneer DDj sx2 which is old and have several problems. I wanted to buy another dj controller but i am hesitating mainly cos i think that pioneer soundcard on these controllers are not very very good. I saw that there is a soundcard on the roland dj 808 with 24 bits / 96000 khz which seems to be better. I saw many videos on youtube and the sound of roland dj 808 seems to be amazing. But i wanted to have your opinions, your experiences with one or the other controller and what do you think about it ?

Thanks guys.
    I had a SX2 and now have a Roland DJ 505. Therefore I can’t speak on the DJ 808. However the 505 is a great controller and sounds much better than most of all of the Pioneer controllers that I’ve owned. The drum machine and the functionality of the performance pads and effects really set the Roland controllers apart. I can imagine that the more feature rich 4 channel DJ 808 will out perform most Pioneer and other controllers. If Roland came out with a moving platter controller with the TR8 drum machine incorporated then that would be the end all of controllers for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk