Thread: Beatport Link anyone?

Beatport Link anyone?

https://djmag.com/news/you-can-now-s...t-rekordbox-dj
    Beatport have brought their new LINK DJ streaming system to Pioneer DJ's rekordbox dj software. The streaming capabilities allow users to stream Beatport's entire catalogue of over six million tracks directly into DJ software.

https://mixmag.net/read/link-beatpor...rekordbox-news
    “At present, most DJs can’t easily stream music directly into a club set-up," says Beatport’s CEO Robb McDaniels. "With our offline locker technology, laptop DJs can now store tracks offline to play without worrying about Wi-Fi. This game changing technology will give DJs a huge selection of new tracks they can confidently take to gigs to combine with their download collections.”Beatport LINK PRO is available for $40.00 a month and for the first time ever will allow laptop DJ's top take 50 tracks from Beatport's catalog offline in rekordbox. The second tier subscription service, Beatport LINK PRO+, allows DJs to upload 100 tracks into rekordbox and play them without an internet connection.Both services are available with a 30-day free trial and are currently only compatible with Mac.

currently only compatible with Mac

$40.00 a month
    480 a year for the basic service at 50 tracks max, and let me guess, you don't own any of the music. Or pay extra for a 100 tracks. Can someone explain to me why that would be a good addition to the thousands I already bring when I do a gig.

currently only compatible with Mac.
    Just right when itunes shuts down, isn't that convenient. Solutions to a problem that I don't have in the first place, since I don't want to sound like every other muppet playing the Beatport top40.

I feel it could be good, but it's too pricy for what it offers.

I'd be all in for an unlimited subscription where I own the music I download.
    I have zero interest in streaming from bp