Thread: Sean Donnelly - Japan

Sean Donnelly - Japan

https://soundcloud.com/seandonnelly2...donnelly-japan

Melodic, hypnotic techno. Feedback welcome Thanks!

Is minimal still a genre? I would consider this minimal for sure, not really melodic. I did want to hear more of the background sounds/synths in the track. Found myself raising the volume to hear it but it gets drowned out (i'm listening on earbuds so that could be why).

You use hardware or software? you're style is so unique im wondering if hardware is the reason. I'm not sure how you create half the sounds I hear. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Is minimal still a genre? I would consider this minimal for sure, not really melodic. I did want to hear more of the background sounds/synths in the track. Found myself raising the volume to hear it but it gets drowned out (i'm listening on earbuds so that could be why).

You use hardware or software? you're style is so unique im wondering if hardware is the reason. I'm not sure how you create half the sounds I hear. lol
    I used to love minimal back between 2007 and 2010 so I've probably been heavily influenced haha. I mixed this down on total feeling. I'm going to do another mix down of it soon actually paying attention to the levels lol.

All software. Pretty much Ableton Suite. Sylenth, Soundtoys, FabFilter and SPL are my main VSTs.

I'm loving Operator atm. Think that's where a lot of my unusual sounds comes from. Also I love the resonator in Ableton! haha. I still want to remix that track of yours btw! Can you send me the stems if you get a chance?

Thanks for the listen!

Good stuff. I don't use Operator much, usually just for clean Sine wave for my lows. I have used Sylenth few yrs back and loving it but didn't get too much practice on it - had an issue when I moved to 64bit. I remember that being an issue with the program only being 32bit at the time. Im sure thats been fixed but I never went back.

As for the remix, yes. i'd be honored. I don't remember which you commented that on. I'll look thru past posts but feel free to remind me here.