Hi, I have been doing small parties, weddings etc upto say 100 people. I have an IMG Stageline Triton 600, which is a 3 way setup, 2 x 8 inch + 1 inch satelites which are powered from an all in 1 - 15 inch bass box/amplifier.

Sure, its not over powerful at 900 watts total, but I have always liked the way it sounds, and it packs enough volume, probably through being well made and have enough surface area.

Trouble is, the bassbox/amplifier is around 50kg, and im not as young as I used to be, 50kg is quite a weight for 1 speaker!

I need to downsize in weight, but I would still like to pack a similar volume. I was looking at the Mackie SRM450 which are 12 inch all in one, so are these going to back the same sort of punch, or is there no substitute for speaker area without sounding stressed? thus how about the Mackie SRM350s and the mackie SRM bass box (only 30kg for that one)

I also saw in a local shop some funky slim towers from Bose and JBL, what kind of room size are these really adequate for? I heard a bose one on a 50 person sized room, but I dont know how near its limits it was.

Thanks - Geoff.