Thread: ECLER SCLAT100 - Crossfader issue

ECLER SCLAT100 - Crossfader issue

Hello all - my first post!

I'm after a bit of advice. I recently procured an Ecler SCLAT100 mixer in decent condition for a steal. Only issue is the crossfader is a bit knackered. I manage to find one on a Polish DJ site (despite them being well out of production) so jumped at it. Trouble is, it's arrived and it's the wrong fader. Of course it is.

So my question is, would it be possible to somehow swap over the actual sliding fader mechanisms? I.e, the connectors are different, but I wondered if you could separate the fader from the PCB and re-solder to the other?

Am I making any sense?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcone to DjForums.

I'm wondering if you could fit an innofader 2 in there... Maybe drop them an email: support@audioinnovate.com

https://www.innofader.com/compatible.php

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Hi, welcone to DjForums.

I'm wondering if you could fit an innofader 2 in there... Maybe drop them an email: support@audioinnovate.com

https://www.innofader.com/compatible.php
    I have a feeling that the front end of the mixer (where the fader is) would be too shallow, as it's one of those mixers that's angled (wedge shaped).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Murrills View Post
    I have a feeling that the front end of the mixer (where the fader is) would be too shallow, as it's one of those mixers that's angled (wedge shaped).
    I'm sorry - I didn't even say thanks! Thanks for the response mate. I might send them an email just in case. Would be cool if it worked out.

Sure it's possible to unsolder the fader itself from the PCB and replace just that and use the original PCB and connector. But it takes a certain amount of soldering / desoldering skills to do that without damaging the PCB. It's one of those things in life that is easy if you know what you are doing.... That's why they sell the whole assembly together so that the average DJ can replace it without any soldering tools or skills.

On the other hand if you do go that route, it's possible that, if you can't get the potentiometer (fader) from Ecler directly, you might be able to still get it from the original manufacturer (eg Alps is a popular brand). For sure Ecler did not make that part themselves they bought it from a component manufacturer. But you have to make sure you have the correct component, not just one that looks the same. There are several things that have to match that aren't visible just looking at it... So you will want to talk to Ecler about this or bring it to a repair tech who will know what's up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Murrills View Post
    Innofader make quality faders for weird shaped mixers, and they work with Ecler mixers. I would get in contact with them.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Thanks for your assistance so far guys, appreciate it. I emailed the Innofader guys so we'll see if they get back to me. It would be wicked if one would fit in there. Failing that, I'm sure there must be a loom/harness to convert the connection between the mixer and the new fader...

Assuming that the mixer in this pic is the same as yours, it looks like there's a good bit of room for the Innofader in there. I even think the OG Inno would fit. Hopefully Elliot gives you some good news and one of the models is compatible.

I've had the original in my Vestax since it's initial release and love it.

Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Assuming that the mixer in this pic is the same as yours, it looks like there's a good bit of room for the Innofader in there. I even think the OG Inno would fit. Hopefully Elliot gives you some good news and one of the models is compatible.

I've had the original in my Vestax since it's initial release and love it.

Hi Mark, yes thats it - albeit mine is the 5 channel version. I haven't heard back from the Innofader guys yet, I emailed them Tuesday so not sure if they're thinking about it or what but I would like to know. It would be sweet. Only thing that concerns me is the Sclat series isn't listed on their site so who knows!

This is my one. As a side note to this thread, it's a bloody lovely bit of kit