Thread: Are clients still buying Music Video packages? Anyone using music videos at gigs?

Are clients still buying Music Video packages? Anyone using music videos at gigs?

One of the reasons I got into DJing is I love having a music video collection. I'm wondering though, if they have been on the decline in recent years for use at mobile gigs. Are clients still buying packages with music videos? I don't have a monitor or projector to display the videos, but I've been collecting them since started doing gigs a few years ago. I still play them at gigs since the audio is at 320kbps, although no one but me can see the video. Just wondering if there's still a market for Music Videos at weddings and event gigs, or am I just amassing this collection for myself that no one but my friends and I will see.

What's been your experience with music videos lately? Have you seen anyone still using them?
    Last edited by TimH; 05-23-2019 at 04:44 AM. Reason: grammer

We used to go to an event that was hosted by a friend that was held about once a month & he played music videos. This was back about 2005 or so. It was neat but it didn't impress me enough to get into it. I don't know how much it impressed anyone else. I know the event didn't last long. I've been a mobile jock for 17 years & that's the only event I have ever seen with music videos.
    So after saying that, I dont know that there is a market for it in my area/region (southern US).
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I got a friend who still does it at every gig, it's included in the package and people call him back again and again, because he has a solid reputation since the 90s. He runs minimum two screens up to whatever is required depending on the size of the gig. But then that's in France, not the US.

Not just music videos, but he uses that as additional lighting, and to display whatever he wants to display on it.

I do a lot of parties that have a lot kids. The parents love the videos because the kids will watch and dance to them and leave them alone.

I play videos everywhere. My lowest package includes 2- 43" tv and the next one up has a couple 50", no need to get bigger than 50, I just up sell to my 100 or 144" projection screens.
    https://youtu.be/dflAqvtMM_8
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post
    I play videos everywhere. My lowest package includes 2- 43" tv and the next one up has a couple 50", no need to get bigger than 50, I just up sell to my 100 or 144" projection screens.
    https://youtu.be/dflAqvtMM_8
    What size speakers do you use with this package? Also about how many guests will the system accommodate playing top 40 music?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk