Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone decode this for me?

Can someone decode this for me?

What does this even mean?

Last edited by Manu; 05-20-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Manu - Video embedded

Welcome to DjForums.

Never seen that one before, that's a really really good techno track.

I reckon this can be described as "Futurism".

Futurism (Italian: Futurismo) was an artistic and social movement that originated in Italy in the early 20th century. It emphasised speed, technology, youth, violence, and objects such as the car, the airplane, and the industrial city. Its key figures were the Italians Filippo Tommaso Marinetti, Umberto Boccioni, Carlo Carrà, Gino Severini, Giacomo Balla, and Luigi Russolo. It glorified modernity and aimed to liberate Italy from the weight of its past.[1] Cubism contributed to the formation of Italian Futurism's artistic style.[2] Important Futurist works included Marinetti's Manifesto of Futurism, Boccioni's sculpture Unique Forms of Continuity in Space, Balla's painting Abstract Speed + Sound, and Russolo's The Art of Noises.

Although it was largely an Italian phenomenon, there were parallel movements in Russia, England, Belgium and elsewhere. The Futurists practiced in every medium of art, including painting, sculpture, ceramics, graphic design, industrial design, interior design, urban design, theatre, film, fashion, textiles, literature, music, architecture, and even cooking. To some extent Futurism influenced the art movements Art Deco, Constructivism, Surrealism, Dada, and to a greater degree Precisionism, Rayonism, and Vorticism.

http://anakhemia.com/anakhemia/

5:16 DAVID GUETTA

Quite funny, I have used the very exact same radio sample intro in one of my mixes. https://www.mixcloud.com/__MANU__/tr...rotten-sequel/
    Last edited by Manu; 05-18-2019 at 12:30 PM.

What about the genre? What would you classify it as? I'm confused.

Do you think there is a hidden message in the video?

Genre is very much techno/electronica, the style is now considered old school. Sounds very much in the same category as The Chemical Brothers / Future Sound of London / Orbital / etc.

Same style as this:

Do you think there is a hidden message in the video?
    There certainly are a lot of references in there. The real message is that you and only yourself should try to interpret it, not having someone else explaining something that you might not grasp due to someone else's approach, and own culture.

My own idea is that we should distance ourselves from technology, but we are too dependant on it, and we are heading towards self destruction because of it. Well at least that's what I get from this video. It becomes quite obvious when the extract from Ridley's Scott 1984 Apple commercial gets cut into the video (watch below). I believe that Anakhemia also strategically used that clip to point out the irony of it all. Humanity being self destructive because of the dependency on technology, through the illusion of fame (start of the video). The war and dictators references are possibly (I may be wrong, because again that's my interpretation) a nod to a known adage that technology improves with war. This is obvious when the video goes from the death of JFK straight into the Moon landings.

What strikes me most, is how she makes great use of making her music being juxtaposed with human behavioural patterns.

Last edited by Manu; 05-18-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Easy to decode.

Someone saw the videos for Jack your Body and Pump up the Volume, then copied the style.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Genre is very much techno/electronica, the style is now considered old school. Sounds very much in the same category as The Chemical Brothers / Future Sound of London / Orbital / etc.
    I agree with this. When it started playing, I was like "now this is cool!" But I'm an old bastard.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

See how a true EDM genre holds up decades. As opposed to some other fads.

See how a true EDM genre holds up decades. As opposed to some other fads.
    The Future Sound Of London were something else! Back then, it sounded like it was coming from the bowels of the Earth and Deep Space all at once; listening back now, it's incredible to think of all those samples...personally found and recorded, and arranged to such beauty. As opposed to what's available for 'ease of production' now...samples off the internet...pah.

Yeah those electro kids all sound the same now, because they all use the same sawtooth synths, and the same sample packs..

Yeah those electro kids all sound the same now, because they all use the same sawtooth synths, and the same sample packs..
    better with a field recorder and some old VHS tapes