Thread: Bought Controller For Son - Need To Upgrade Sound - Suggestions

Bought Controller For Son - Need To Upgrade Sound - Suggestions

Thanks for forums, been reading up a lot.

I am no longer party guy. I am guy with young son and lots of sports to coach.
    I did however buy my 11 year old a PIONEER DDJ-S3 Controller as he was having an interest in DJing after going to one of my friends house and seeing a mega setup

Pioneer DDJ-SB3 DJ Controller Starter Package
    https://www.idjnow.com/pioneer-ddj-s...r-package.html

It comes with speakers, but they stink.
    I was thinking it was going to be a fad anyways, but he seems to have liked it for awhile and still comes home from school and runs to the music

So, knowing that its a starter kid with a starter kit.
    And we are most likely bedroom DJ for now but may have him do some small fun-ish events that I run outside.

I was thinking of a Rockville package
    https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RPG...ateway&sr=8-30

I don't want to spend over $500 , maybe not even over $400 or $300

At the end of the day, I still don't know where this is going to lead, but I am trying to support the passion (for now)

I’m not surprised that those Numark speakers don’t sound very good. The Rockville speakers you’re considering are not gonna be much better, but will probably be OK for a bedroom DJ or even small house parties. If you really want something better, get a couple of 12” powered speakers. For really good sound, you won’t find any new ones for your budget. I bought some 10” and 12” Alto Truesonic speakers ($200-$250) when I first started, and used them for a few years (along with two subwoofers) before upgrading to RCF’s. It’s pretty likely if you go the “budget” speaker route, your son will become dissatisfied pretty quickly.