Thread: Yamaha DZR series - anyone tried them?

Yamaha DZR series - anyone tried them?

So has anyone laid their hands on these yet? The specs look amazing, but do they deliver?

I currently have two DXR15's for our friend parties, and that's about what I can fit into a car. I can't get a sub, as I want to be able to transport it myself.

DZR15 on paper looks miles beyond - going down to 34 vs 49Hz on DXR15 at -10db. I don't care much for the power, DXR15's deliver enough, but that bottom end...

Worth the upgrade, I wonder..?

Quote Originally Posted by mrQQ View Post
    DZR15 on paper looks miles beyond - going down to 34 vs 49Hz on DXR15 at -10db.
    If that spec is accurate it would be with the speaker sitting on the floor. Up on a pole where it needs to be it won't come close to that. Where bass is concerned there's no substitute for subs placed on the floor. Even better on the floor close to a wall. Too big to carry? Not when your mains are ten or twelve inch, which is all you need when you have subs.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

If you want more bass trade your DXR15s for DXR8s and buy one of the new DXS 15XLF subs.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Can we stay on topic please? I know sub is better, but I can't fit it into the car. All I want to know is if someone tried DZR, not just some speculation.

I think their answers were on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mrQQ View Post
    Worth the upgrade, I wonder..?
    The answer is no.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    I think their answers were on topic.

The answer is no.
    No, they were not on topic. Not on i-cant-fit-two-tops-and-one-sub-to-the-car topic anyway.

Anyhow, I went on and listened to the DZR. They are amazing. I can hear and feel 15hz lower bottom. Heck, compared to them my DXRs sound like they dont have any bottom. I could even get away with +10db on 30-50Hz on DZRs at power levels I need. And the bottom sounded warm, not thumpy like the DXRs.

So yeah, for my use case (I just need to consider the price), it's a no brainer. And just goes on to show how much internet opinions are worth, I guess.

Hi,

You mentioned car size without giving any measurements or even a model of car, and you indicated that your choice of speaker is limited by the car size. Hence, you have a car problem, not a speaker one.

Please also keep in mind that both Conanski and Bill are experienced professionals, so I would suggest you to just read and learn, rather than comment on comments.

Last but not least, you went to take a listen for yourself, which by very nature is above and beyond whatever written comments can describe. I suppose the subject has been covered, since you have now a clear idea of what they sound like.

Such arguments are not on point.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.p...sandguidelines

#6 - No insulting, disrespecting, arguing or “calling out” moderators or administrators. Being disrespectful will not be tolerated.

#8 - Please keep posts on topic, there is no need to purposely post something that has nothing to do with the topic. Please try not to hijack a thread onto another topic. Please stay on topic relative to the thread title or primary question and/or specific subject.
    Thread closed