Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones (comparison)

Headphones (comparison)

Between the 2 familiar brands:

vs.

Performance-wise... which of the two has the edge?

Ewwww none lol, get some proper headphones brand for DJing purposes.

Headphones (comparison)

Brand makes little difference. I have a really nice set of Bose headphones I use when I listen to music at home, but noise canceling isn’t a feature I need for DJing, and I’d be really upset if those headphones “walked off” at an event. I have two different sets for DJing... one’s an Audio Technica and the other is Sennheiser. Both work great, but really, all you need headphones for is to find a queue point for the next track. Once it’s set, you can take the phones off. If you have queue points pre-set, headphones are hardly needed.

I know other DJ’s who like Sony’s.
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 05-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.

have been using these for 10 yrs. still solid

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Ewwww none lol, get some proper headphones brand for DJing purposes.
    Ey Man, I dig what you meant right there
    Nevertheless, it's just for "Economical" reasons though. (choosing the "lesser evil" bet. the 2... imho)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I have a really nice set of Bose headphones I use when I listen to music at home, but noise canceling isn’t a feature I need for DJing
    Ey there! Thanks for your insight...
    As for "Noise Cancelling", actually that's something I'm curious about... meaning, in terms of how useful/helpful that said "feature" is, especially when you're on the booth/stage with loud systems environment set up... or simply just curious IF that said "cancellation" really complements a DJ's ear vs. surroundings/acoustics?

Quote Originally Posted by Luap Skywalker View Post
    Ey there! Thanks for your insight...
    As for "Noise Cancelling", actually that's something I'm curious about... meaning, in terms of how useful/helpful that said "feature" is, especially when you're on the booth/stage with loud systems environment set up... or simply just curious IF that said "cancellation" really complements a DJ's ear vs. surroundings/acoustics?
    You don't want that active noise-cancelling in a dj headphone.

The brand you are looking for is Sennheiser (25 mk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Luap Skywalker View Post
    Ey Man, I dig what you meant right there
    Nevertheless, it's just for "Economical" reasons though. (choosing the "lesser evil" bet. the 2... imho)
    Fair enough, though I would not consider these two. Like Farhanashraf, I am a satisfied Sony user. In your case I would suggest some Sony V55 Foldable Over-Ear DJ Headphones.

I'm a JBL fan but Headphones??? No!!!

Audio Technica ath-m50 seem to be known as the best headphone for price. The Sonys above, although snap a bit easier (I've seen so many of those as a 1 cup) are tried and trusted. Sennheiser too, if you like the smaller cup (which I don't). Technics make an improved swivel design over the Sony and ATH, more robust but I've never compared the sound.

I use Beyerdynamic 990 for studio/production work and I fancy some AKG's for my second set, both open back. I need to get a new closed back set for recording as my ATH used for DJ'ing are currently 1 cupped.

Another question...
    So aside from Technics, which (known/reliable) brands you'd recommend that uses "telephone cables"?
    - co'z I prefer these more over the "straight ones" (in my personal opinion)