Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All My Gear Problems Resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Here's a clue. It was on their tour to promote their album called "ISDN".
    You'd have to be some military-level tech genius to understand complicated stuff like that...

Well, that leaves me out.....
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

1997 was the year of the first live stream.

At this time, the band KISS tried to achieve the very, very first live stream ever from a show in Las Vegas. It failed for some technical reason I cannot remember, and the show was subsequently released on DVD.

Megadeth was the first band to have a website with info and video streaming called Megadeth Arizona, in 1994.

All My Gear Problems Resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Here's a clue. It was on their tour to promote their album called "ISDN".
    You'd have to be some military-level tech genius to understand complicated stuff like that...

Well... ISDN means Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), which is a set of communication standards for simultaneous digital transmission of voice, video, data, and other network services over the traditional circuits of the public switched TELEPHONE network. ISDN is not IP (Internet Protocol).

I remember upgrading our telephone system (at one of the agencies I worked for) to an ISDN System around 10-15 years ago. Had to switch out all the phones for digital sets. The technology has been around since the late 80’s.

I actually used the predecessor of the Internet (Arpanet) while in the USAF in the late 1970’s, before it was available to the public. The ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) was a packet-switching network and usedTCP/IP protocols, which became the technical foundation of the Internet. It was a joint project with the military and public universities primarily for the exchange of research information. But let me tell you, modem speeds were WAY too slow to even consider streaming video back then, and it really was not practical until the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video compression standard was defined in 2003. Do you remember 300 baud modems, then 1200, 2400...????😄
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 05-05-2019 at 08:03 AM.