Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All My Gear Problems Resolved...

All My Gear Problems Resolved...

https://youtu.be/fc2e4b6U5l4

Not sure why stuff like this keeps appearing in my YouTube recommendations???😄

This is pretty cool, though. Put up your homemade facade and nobody will ever know how Micky Mouse it looks.😄

DJ Youtube?

There's this, saves you the cost of needing 2 computers

https://youtube-dj.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    DJ Youtube?

Interesting... Won’t work on my smart phone though.😀 Does work on my iPad Mini... just not real well. Not sure I could REALLY mix with that Web site, but I’m sure others could.😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    DJ Youtube?

WTF?!! This actually exists?

I had a very similar idea years ago (that I told nobody about, but has only been locked up in my head ), but was more of an add-on for YouTube than a stand-alone site / program.

There would be much more integration with YT in that you would have access to not only the video files, but high quality audio files that were good enough to play out with. It would also be compatible with most modern controllers and DVS's. Of coarse this wouldn't be free. I could see maybe a subscription based payment system for this perhaps so that YT and individual artists get their fair share.

I came up with this from trying to mix YT music videos together by having 2 browser windows open. And considering the wealth of music on there, you could usually find anything you needed or requested, no matter how obscure. One rather big downside was you would need a solid internet connection as this would be a purely streaming service.

Oh ya, I even had a name for it: YouMix. I know, original huh?
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    WTF?!! This actually exists?

I had a very similar idea years ago (that I told nobody about, but has only been locked up in my head ), but was more of an add-on for YouTube than a stand-alone site / program.

There would be much more integration with YT in that you would have access to not only the video files, but high quality audio files that were good enough to play out with. It would also be compatible with most modern controllers and DVS's. Of coarse this wouldn't be free. I could see maybe a subscription based payment system for this perhaps so that YT and individual artists get their fair share.

I came up with this from trying to mix YT music videos together by having 2 browser windows open. And considering the wealth of music on there, you could usually find anything you needed or requested, no matter how obscure. One rather big downside was you would need a solid internet connection as this would be a purely streaming service.

Oh ya, I even had a name for it: YouMix. I know, original huh?
    I don’t think I’ve EVER had an Internet connection reliable enough ANYWHERE that I’d trust for DJing. Speed can go to almost nothing without warning or some outside force takes the connection down. I don’t even trust my own paid-for hot spot, as any emergency overloads the cell phone towers and drops the speed or connection entirely. I’m OK with trying to DOWNLOAD tracks, but still have ZERO faith in streaming live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you as I wouldn't trust streaming a set in the current state of modern networks either. However, most other forms of entertainment are going the streaming route whether it be movies - Netflix, music - Spotify and there's been a lot of talk of video game consoles going stream only as well (wont be the upcoming generation of consoles as both Microsoft and Sony have confirmed optical drives, but I believe the following gen wont.

Plus, despite the controversy / conspiracies behind it, 5G is right around the corner. Promising faster more reliable internet than we've ever had. Its supposed to be rolled out worldwide in the next couple of years.

Whether we like it or not I really think streaming our gigs in a live environment is coming. As a matter of fact, I'm calling it.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

gigs ... streaming

isn't this all like...22 years late to the party.

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I fully approve of the set first song. Old favourite of mine...

All My Gear Problems Resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    gigs ... streaming

isn't this all like...22 years late to the party.

In 1997, it’s pretty unlikely the technology used in that video was IP streaming. It’s much more likely it was satellite telecommunications or videotelephony; similar to what TV networks were using to broadcast news from remote locations around the world (or even in space).😊

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    In 1997, it’s pretty unlikely the technology used in that video was IP streaming. It’s much more likely it was satellite telecommunications or videotelephony; similar to what TV networks were using to broadcast news from remote locations around the world (or even in space).��
    Here's a clue. It was on their tour to promote their album called "ISDN".
    You'd have to be some military-level tech genius to understand complicated stuff like that...

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix