Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 24 Hours until my first gig- Anxiety and nerves

Cool KLH, glad the first one is out the way! Can't wait for the next one!! Desperate for another gig

^^^

Fear's gone, now he wants more.

Summed up perfectly lol

What was your favorite part about the gig, Jambon?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Once the fear had gone and i was more relaxed it was just people chilling and enjoying the music. Also realising that I could mix in the environment was great. Enjoying the drops. Only thing is that it took me most of my set to relax hehehe.

Congrats Jambon! Just don't get get cocky now
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Jambon View Post
    Desperate for another gig
    Well.. how did you get this one? Keep in touch with those people...
    Go to their events, meet more people who produce events.

I defo have nothing to be cocky about lol

Problem is the guy who ran the event does them once or twice a year. I'll just have to get networking. Was pure luck I got this gig so hopefully I have more luck! My bro knows a promoter and he's listening to my mix this week so fingers crossed he likes the mix. Apart from that I'm stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by mopa93000 View Post
    My nerves and anxiety are through the roof, semi lost the plot. It's really effected my mixing today. Had a proper melt and couldn't think straight. Dread to think what I'll be like tomorrow. Any tips on dealing with this? Not normally a nervous person but I can't think straight and haven't stopped shaking.
    No coffee to begin with, you're from Algeria, make some mint tea. Stay hydrated. I think you're being into a bit of lack of trust in yourself. The best trick is always to enjoy yourself, to believe in your skills, and the nerves problems disappear. It's a bit of a mental thing, but the nerves will go away as soon as you enjoy it. Also never forget to have a good meal midday and eat light before the gig, so you get some calories too.

^^ what manu said..

All I can add is:

1. Don't drink much or.. if you do drugs, don't... If you drink alcohol, 1 drink a little while before you play.. ONE.. no more.. can relax you just the right amount.
    2. If you mess up either with a bad mix or a bad track selection.. don't freak out.. just MOVE ON, FORGET IT. It's in the past, just reset your head and worry about the next track.
    3. Don't try too hard to save a bad mix, if you can save it right away, great.. if it's a mess, just get OUT of it, even if it sounds a little awkward. Move on.
    4. Don't start your set out with tracks that bang too hard, no matter what the genre. Start with something a little smoother.