Thread: Building up my production workshop

Building up my production workshop

I'm standing in front of dilemma where I have a chance to purchase NI Komplete Ultimate 12 for ~500$, I have already some from stuff from NI installed: https://ibb.co/3FjvFT1

Currently there are some decent deals for the synths that I tested and liked: VPS Avenger(-20%), Dune 3, Diva, Hybrid 3, Spire, Omnisphere2(second hand ~200$) - deal for the NI Komplete is pretty sweet considering the price and how huge is the package with variety of everything.

Considering my interest in Trance production would you advise towards investing into the Komplete or should I just start looking in to the other synths I mentioned above?

I'm asking this question because I been reading that people saying that Komplete is more useful for music movie industry and so on as there is tons of everything...

THX

Quote Originally Posted by djnotapplicable View Post
    how much do you have to spend?
    ~600$

If you can get a legit copy of Komplete Ultimate 12 for $500, JUMP ON IT!!!😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short summary to this thread, that could be an advice for another novice like me... even though the all different plugins, samples etc. are helpful in the production, that might not necessary be the case for super beginner like me or you. In fact it might introduce some distraction that we don't need. After reading tons of different posts I came to conclusion that it's better to calm down with all the purchases and really get to know the basics. What I mean is i.e. to figure out what is exactly the VSTs are and how they work beside the fact of using just the flashy build in presets.
    Figure out what the synthesis is, what are oscillators, what is envelope and so on - the list is long. I knew about existence of these things don't get me wrong but to explain what they do and what they are that's totally different story.
    That kind of knowledge later down the row will help you to take the decisions what to purchase and what not.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    Short summary to this thread, that could be an advice for another novice like me... even though the all different plugins, samples etc. are helpful in the production, that might not necessary be the case for super beginner like me or you. In fact it might introduce some distraction that we don't need. After reading tons of different posts I came to conclusion that it's better to calm down with all the purchases and really get to know the basics. What I mean is i.e. to figure out what is exactly the VSTs are and how they work beside the fact of using just the flashy build in presets.
    Figure out what the synthesis is, what are oscillators, what is envelope and so on - the list is long. I knew about existence of these things don't get me wrong but to explain what they do and what they are that's totally different story.
    That kind of knowledge later down the row will help you to take the decisions what to purchase and what not.

Thanks.
    Good advice. It’s ALWAYS SMART to learn as much of the basics (when it comes to DJing) as possible before investing too much money in gear and software. I know from my own experience that having more knowledge will change the decisions you might have made.