Thread: Need recommendation: Prox flex totem or Glo totem

Need recommendation: Prox flex totem or Glo totem

Hey guys.
    I'm really looking for reviews / recommandations regarding compact 2 meters totem system.
    Any of you have any kind of experience with any of the mentioned products?

ProX Flex Totem: https://www.proxdirect.com/products/view/1267
    Glo Totem 2.0: https://trusst.com/products/glo-totem-2-0/

My goal is to install Intimidator Spot 360 on them.

Price is not really an issue here, just looking for the most stable and well built.

Thanks.

Do you really need the smaller pack space of these foldable totems? I can't find the one real world review I saw of what I think was the GloTotem but IIRC the reviewer thought it was too flimsy to mount a moving head on, it's also interesting that none of the photos of these show it with a MH on top... only with a scrim and truss warmer.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    Do you really need the smaller pack space of these foldable totems? I can't find the one real world review I saw of what I think was the GloTotem but IIRC the reviewer thought it was too flimsy to mount a moving head on, it's also interesting that none of the photos of these show it with a MH on top... only with a scrim and truss warmer.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer. Yes they are both design to support a moving head. They might not advertise it like that in the piuctures. It's obviously not going to be as sturdy as regular truss but they seems to do a good job. I was hoping to find someone in the forum who have actual real experience with them.

I never used either one, but just looked at the sites now... and it's obvious that the Pro-X is a more structurally sound design.. it has actual truss structure in one axis, none in the other axis but you can also set it up in a triangular configuration which will give you more of the stiffness of a real truss. But you can still light it from the inside with no shadows on the front.

Whereas the Glo is just four poles with no stiffening except the top and bottom plate.. if you get any lateral force against that with a lot of weight on top, the stress where the plate and poles come together is going to be pretty serious.. and if you haven't got everything tightened down perfectly well then watch out! The Glo will pack down a lot smaller but you get a less strong system.

Neither one of these is going to be as strong and safe as a real truss section but the ProX at least tries.