Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any opinions on DJing software Mixxx?

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    ...So far it looks like the new version is fairly pro for free software, def worth a try. Not sure why any basic mobile DJ (eg Wedding DJ) would need more than this.

But I've not really gone full bore on it yet there could be nasty surprises that aren't apparent at first.... Still, very impressed with how far they've gone with it, my only complaint is the skins are too hard to read at a glance I prefer something more crisp and businesslike, it doesn't have to be pretty. And it's kind of cluttered.
    I agree with you about it (Mixxx) being a decent wedding DJ system... at least a good ceremony system.

I also agree that the skins are busy and difficult to read. I was using a 15.6 laptop and real estate on the screen it TIGHT!... I used the Deere skin, which had the largest font. I wished there was an option to change the font size.

Except that I tried to run it on an underpowered laptop PC, I was pretty impressed with the software. I ran it in Auto DJ mode for more than 2 days non-stop and it NEVER crashed. That’s pretty stable.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I agree with you about it (Mixxx) being a decent wedding DJ system... at least a good ceremony system.

I also agree that the skins are busy and difficult to read. I was using a 15.6 laptop and real estate on the screen it TIGHT!... I used the Deere skin, which had the largest font. I wished there was an option to change the font size.

Except that I tried to run it on an underpowered laptop PC, I was pretty impressed with the software. I ran it in Auto DJ mode for more than 2 days non-stop and it NEVER crashed. That’s pretty stable.
    What version of Mixxx are you running? Latest stable release seems to be 2.2.0, but I'm running Linux Mint 17 Qiana, which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and because of that the version I have on my repo is an older one (Mixxx 1.10.1).

Does your interface look like this?
    Last edited by JosepZ; 04-18-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Any opinions on DJing software Mixxx?

Quote Originally Posted by JosepZ View Post
    What version of Mixxx are you running? Latest stable release seems to be 2.2.0, but I'm running Linux Mint 17 Qiana, which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and because of that the version I have on my repo is an older one (Mixxx 1.10.1).

Does your interface look like this?
    I’m running 2.2, but if you use the Software Center to download it you won’t get the latest version. You have to go to the Mixxx Web Site to get the latest. The interface of the older version was actually a little better IMO (more readable on a smaller laptop screen), but you don’t get all the fixes and features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I’m running 2.2, but if you use the Software Center to download it you won’t get the latest version. You have to go to the Mixxx Web Site to get the latest. The interface of the older version was actually a little better IMO (more readable on a smaller laptop screen), but you don’t get all the fixes and features.

You mean the newest one looks more convoluted?

Quote Originally Posted by JosepZ View Post
    You mean the newest one looks more convoluted?
    Not convoluted necessarily; just busier.😊