Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Views on Denon prime 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    You do realize the SC-5000's WILL play Rekordbox formatted drives, right?

The implementation isn't perfect (it's a bit slow), but it works and is usable.

https://www.denondj.com/kb/2375/

I'm no Denon fan boy (FAR from it). I've had 4 pairs of CDJ's over the years (1000 MK2's, CDJ-2000's, CDJ-2000NXS, CDJ-2000NXS2)!
    Interesting, I thought it was not able to do it without a laptop being involved, still pretty janky tho.. not good enough to fly at any gig I would do with it. "Oh yea don't worry it plays Rekordbox".. DJ puts in drive, waiting two minutes, waiting three minutes.. other DJ's track runs out.. standing there looking like an idiot. Oh yea, no problem.

It is just like every other Denon "Pioneer Killer" deck (ALL of them, according to Denon) where it's like "ok, watch out, this is the big one, if you don't buy this you'll be sorry"... and then of course it's not true at all. I'm tired of Denon and their BS. Basically, as I said, Pioneer got one up on them and now they have to have FULL RB support.. nothing janky, nothing less will do. Even then, I can't buy them. But maybe someone else will and they'll gain enough traction for me to buy them some day. Let me know if that ever happens.

Views on Denon prime 4

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    ... It is just like every other Denon "Pioneer Killer" deck (ALL of them, according to Denon) where it's like "ok, watch out, this is the big one, if you don't buy this you'll be sorry"... and then of course it's not true at all. I'm tired of Denon and their BS.
    I don’t disagree with what you’re sayin’, but I’m gonna defend Denon here a little bit. I was not a fan of EITHER Pioneer or Denon, so no bias on my part. After I had been using my starter controller (American Audio VMS 4.1) for a couple of years, I decided to upgrade to a Pioneer DDJ-T1. I use Traktor, so it was the logical choice. I did not pay the $1,100 retail price (thankfully), because I decided it was NOT much of an upgrade (if any). It was not built as well as my VMS 4.1, and other than being larger, was just not so great. I kept it for a backup controller, but continued to use the VMS 4.1. Then, after another year or so, I bought a Denon MC6000MK2, and THAT was an UPGRADE!!!... And the retail price was hundreds of dollars less than the DDJ-T1. I bought a second MC6000MK2 to go in my Small System, and I’ve been using them with Traktor ever since. I LOVE ‘em. I also bought a Denon DN-410X mixer to use in my Large System rack, and I LOVE it too. There’s little to compare it to as 2U-3U rack mounted mixers are pretty scarce these days. So I’ve become a bit of a Denon DJ gear fan. I’m considering getting an MC7000 next.
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 04-19-2019 at 07:19 PM.