Thread: Wash Bar Lights Upgrading for uplighting weddings tour grade RGBAW+UV+the future

Wash Bar Lights Upgrading for uplighting weddings tour grade RGBAW+UV+the future

Have been using Blizzard RGBAW Toughsticks for several years now and overall reasonably happy (wedding uplighting venues - behind bridal tables etc.

A couple have corrupt segments of colour but all in all they have served us well and plenty of life to keep them going.

But the demand to add a few more and to increase our UV lighting for the hire stuff is increasing. So whats the thoughts. I do like the idea most if not all now just colour mix down to a single lens as opposed to seeing all the individual coloured LEDS and getting the halo effect. looking for solid light output indestructible build (tour ready) [our toughsticks are water proof so that can only be a plus] and solid price. I see all the makers are releasing great stuff,

APE lights seem to making leaps and bounds with the battery stuff and for this application power is cool. of course if I stick with blizzard there DMX and Power leads will be interchangeable but all thoughts welcome.

OP

Quote Originally Posted by wapples View Post
    I do like the idea most if not all now just colour mix down to a single lens as opposed to seeing all the individual coloured LEDS and getting the halo effect.
    Yes, I have 20 Rasha Hex pucks that use nine 18w RGBAWP diodes and color mixing is generally very good, The RGB bars I have are similar but of course don't have as many color options. Do you really need a waterproof fixture? I have noticed that for some reason many IP65 fixtures still use those old school individual diodes while almost all non waterproof fixtures use the newer style leds now. In 10 years I have only been asked once or twice to do outdoor lighting so I have never seen a need for an outdoor fixture, an upside of that is that all external cords are detachable on IP20 fixtures and that makes packing more streamlined.
    Last edited by conanski; 03-29-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

NOPE do not have to be waterproof that was just the way they are/ That being said have done some weddings where we were outside and the weather turned knowing these could be the last thing needing to be packed up as they could handle a few drops. Yes have the Blizzard Pucks RGBA and still hold at least 80% of original charge and are about 5 years old those things have paid for them selves many times over and used 1-2 every weekend so that is brilliant duty cycle Iam getting out of those batteries