Thread: How do people make tapping the cue button sound good?

How do people make tapping the cue button sound good?

Hi all, this may be quite confusing if i dont explain it well but im going to try my best. When i see people doing sets and they press the cue button over and over again and it says like half a second of the song and it sounds decent but when i do it on my SB3 it sounds awful. It literally just plays a tiny sound of the song, is it because of my controller? Are others more sensitive? This is a really bad explanation so i'll add a video, when EZ spams the cue button it sounds good. How do i do this?

Oh man that’s cool!
    Sorry I can’t explain it though...

whoo, the man is skilled ! I guess I take some practice to do that properly

Maybe it is also because of latency caused by your controller, computer or speakers. If you have, let's say, 30ms of latency between the time you press Cue and the time the sounds actually comes out the speaker then it may ruin any rapid Cue tapping.

Nothing new, it's just tapping on one button and building some groove around one sound. Check out this intro:

Huh, not bad at all, i would say pretty nice, but comparing with this... well, i wont say anything, watch and learn kiddos!

Quote Originally Posted by lukepalmerrrr View Post
    Hi all, this may be quite confusing if i dont explain it well but im going to try my best. When i see people doing sets and they press the cue button over and over again and it says like half a second of the song and it sounds decent but when i do it on my SB3 it sounds awful. It literally just plays a tiny sound of the song, is it because of my controller? Are others more sensitive? This is a really bad explanation so i'll add a video, when EZ spams the cue button it sounds good. How do i do this?
    You can change where the cue starts and finishes manually.

Learn how to use Loops in Serato DJ Pro
    5:14
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

thats pretty cool ive got a traktor kontrol s2, but ill stick with the cdj's and 1200s haha...

Traktor has cue sync (something I found out very late in my career) but it's inaccurate at times (edit : or in fact the beat grid is off, I was very reluctant to adjust them unless I had to because I managed to totally screw them at times).. basically it allows you to cue to the beat grid, or the next beat, I don't recall whether this could be changed in pull down menu somewhere to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8th etc.

with cdjs and the cue button it takes lots of practise... i always have my cdjs set to vinyl mode i find it easier to find the first beat etc... when youve been pressing the cue button like 20 times per song for beat atching you get the hang of it, or using it with the fader and reverb/delay fx to create a boom in the break of a track...

EZ is certainly the best I've heard doing this, that video in the OP is a great example, it's a really exciting mix.