Thread: Utilizing sound card/monitors without connecting to computer

Utilizing sound card/monitors without connecting to computer

I would like to use my JBL's through my phone or other device without connecting the soundcard to my laptop.
    Is that possible?

I have the scarlett 2i2 soundcard,could i possibly connect a usb female to aux cable and connect the aux end to my phone?
    would that work?
    Y u no check out my music?
    http://soundcloud.com/djfunkyfader
    Battle score: 9-1

Well the phone would probably not have enough USB power to run the soundcard. Might work though.
    Android can run soundcard though, dunno about iphone...apart from if it did you'd have to pay for it.
    If you want to hear your phone through your speakers a good option would be to get one or two Aptx receivers (about 20 bucks each). That way you could do wireless. Dunno if your JBLs have a seperate input for jack/RCA.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I have the LSR 305's,they dont have rca input.
    Thanks for the suggestion but its not really worth it to me to spend that much for this purpose.
    I guess ill buy a cheap usb to aux adapter and if it doesnt work no big deal.
    Y u no check out my music?
    http://soundcloud.com/djfunkyfader
    Battle score: 9-1

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyfader View Post
    I would like to use my JBL's through my phone or other device without connecting the soundcard to my laptop.
    Is that possible?

I have the scarlett 2i2 soundcard,could i possibly connect a usb female to aux cable and connect the aux end to my phone?
    would that work?
    Doesn the Scarlett do direct monitoring? Can you connect your phone's headphone socket to the analogue inputs of the audio interface and just route that to the speakers?

Alternatively if the JBLs are active just get the right cable/adaptor to connect headphone out directly to them.

USB to aux is not the way forward in my view. If you want to actually use the scarlett as a DAC you would want to connect usb to the USB/lightning output on your phone and use a powered hub. Not sure if the Scarlett is compatible with iOS or Android but that is how to do it if it is.